Club Touareg Forum banner

361 - 380 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did my tranny yesterday and what an improvement!
Here a few pics of the ATF fluid and seals - also the modified 2G pump sprayer I used and it worked flawlessly!

konquistador - I only found the two bolts on the front sides to be somewhat difficult especially with my torque wrench. Additionally I found the torgue specs to be too much and I was afraid I was going to strip them all, so I under torqued them.

One other note to mention is that when I took the filter off the tranny, the rubber O-ring stayed behind and since a new O-ring is mounted on the new filter I just want to mention to make sure one removes that old O-ring so not to double them up.

In the next few days I am going to dump the old/new ATF and refill with more fresh LiquiMoly. But the results have been very satisfactory with a smoother shifting tranny already!! :)

In response to nikoloz ⬆ post and the reply to my own post from Dec/2014, I am also thinking of doing the ATF flush again.
I was using the Liqui Moly Top Tech 1200 previously and would use it again. But the OE Toyota Type IV as mentioned is certainly a cheaper option.
After a quick google I found this and seems like a bargain;

·
Registered
154 Posts
In response to nikoloz ⬆ post and the reply to my own post from Dec/2014, I am also thinking of doing the ATF flush again.
I was using the Liqui Moly Top Tech 1200 previously and would use it again. But the OE Toyota Type IV as mentioned is certainly a cheaper option.
After a quick google I found this and seems like a bargain;
Yikes!!! Forget about ordering from this site, the Hazardous Material Fee is $264.00 for 8 bottles :oops:

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi again :) so back to my own thread after 7 years with new ideas :)
i still have my beast and done almost 120k kms during 7 years and i think its time to do ATF again, i have NO issues, despite many many KMs on off roading and tranny abuse :)) but cause am keeping my car for unknown amount of years so i want to be on safe side and do it again :)
now for these 7 years i came across many many different info about OE and different alternative oil that can be used in our AISIN 09D tranny...... maybe most of you know that for OE ATF part number is G 052 025 A2,
and that the official documents from tranny manufacturer shows us oil standard for this aisin box is JWS3309
so it doesn't need too much time to find alternative oil to meet same standards :) and since AISIN is one of the biggest tranny makers and almost all TOYOTAs have AISINs i went to my mate who works in local toyota dealer and we went through some docs trying to find same oil and we found that OE Toyota Type IV oil is exactly the same as our G 052 025 A2 :) (happy) than i went on the internet and i found this: on Russian forums there are tons and tons of info about toyota Type IV oil and yes it was confirmed that lot of other car brands with AISIN trannys can use this oil and its same as OEM :) and the main difference is the PRICE OMG PRICE cause in local VW dealer price of 1lt of OEM ATF is 40 $$$$$$ i can not believe it, but in toyota dealer OE Type IV fluid costs only 9 $ per 1 lt, so its a huge difference when you wand to get 11 LTs of oil :)
i think for the 15 year old car that is loosing its value quite badly its not a good idea to spend 440$ only for the ATF, but for the diffs and transfer case I'm going to use only VW OE fluids as we only need few :)
what do you guys think and if anyone have any suggestions you are always welcome :)

nikoloz - how about AISIN ATF for the AISIN tranny?

or better yet - Free Shipping:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
nikoloz - how about AISIN ATF for the AISIN tranny?

or better yet - Free Shipping:

thats perfect mate :) i defiantly would go with it if i could, but unfortunately we dont have it available here in Georgia, so i have to go with Toyota dealer, Aisin fluid would do best and for that price my got its cheap :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The last pages are really interesting. I have been researching for half an hour and have come to the following conclusion:

according to official site there is one!!! AISIN ATF only. AFW+

beware of counterfeit products!

Checked the price for AFW+. It's exactly 4 times!!! cheaper than VW OEM VAG G 055 540 A2.
4 days delivery, around 38.22 $ for 4L can.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Tbilisi looks like a beautiful cobblestoned old town with lots of history. Great city and surroundings to explore in the Touareg (y)
:) thanks buddy, its very nice indeed.... and yes terrain in Georgia gives me ability to use my beast in various conditions and use diffs and low range near its limits :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bought the Toyota ATF, $80 with tax for a case of 12 was the best deal I found locally which sure beats the VW fluid prices! Another video if it helps for another perspective:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Bought the Toyota ATF, $80 with tax for a case of 12 was the best deal I found locally which sure beats the VW fluid prices! Another video if it helps for another perspective:

very nice.... sometimes we have to pay 2 or 3 times more only for brand packaging, but as we see more we live more we learn :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm putting Ravenol type iv in mine when I get the time. And yes toyota type iv is ok for the 09D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought an aftermarket filter that came with a filter o ring/gasket. You have to remove the old o ring from the body and place the new one on the filter.

There is only one o ring where they connect. Check that the filter is seated correctly, another treg owner had all sorts of problems resulting from a badly seated filter. If the seal is not good your transmission will suck air, instead of AFT through the filter
hi all, yeh I had this happen ,( OC8 8 speed), the seal on the filter did not go in and seat as it should, so took it apart again and made very sure it was seated. But I thought it was the first time I did it ?, abit of a struggle as I remember, and I also remember a sucking sound from the gear box area, all fine now, more ATF ,RAVENOL T-WS Lifetime Fluid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you certain that's approved for your Oc8?
hi there, after a lot of searching I kept coming back to Ravenol atf, and its working great, here is the spec's from their site. RAVENOL T-WS Lifetime Fluid is an automatic transmission fluid based on the latest HC/HT and PAO synthetic technology. Due to the special formulation the durability is up to twice that of a comparable standard ATF fluid.
Application
RAVENOL T-WS Lifetime
is recommended for sequential automatic transmissions of Toyota and Aisin Warner, and the other manufacturers listed below:
LEXUS / TOYOTA : AB60F, A750E(F), U341E(F), U140E(F), U250E, U241E, U151E(F), U340E.
Meets/ Exceeds Requirements
  • Toyota 08886-02305/00289-ATFWS/08886-81210, Toyota Lexus JWS3324
  • Chrysler 05189978AA, Chrysler 05189979AA, Chrysler Mopar AS68RC
  • Aisin Warner Automatic Gearbox from 2008,
  • Aisin TF-80SC (AWF21, AF40-6, AM6, AW6A-EL)
  • TF-81SC (AF21 und AWF-21) for Alfa Romeo 159 - 1.9 JTDm, 2.4 JTDm, 3.2 JTS Alfa Romeo Brera - 2.4 JTDm, 3.2 JTS Alfa Romeo Spider - 2.4 JTDm
  • 3.2 JTS Cadillac BLS - 1.9 D, 1.9 D (TST)
  • Chevrolet Cruze (US market, 2.0L Turbo Diesel)
  • Citroen C4, Citroen C5, Citroen C6, Citroen DS4, Citroen DS5
  • Fiat Croma - 1.9 JTDm, 2.4 JTDm, Fiat 9.55550-AV2
  • Ford Five Hundred, Ford Fusion, Ford Mondeo
  • Lancia Delta (2008) - 1.8 DI Turbo
  • Land Rover Freelander 2, Land Rover, Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover LR022460
  • Lincoln Zephyr, Lincoln MKZ
  • Mazda 6, Mazda CX-7, Mazda CX-9, Mazda MPV
  • Mercury Milan, Mercury Montego
  • Vauxhall Astra, Vauxhall Vectra, Vauxhall Signum, Vauxhall Zafira, Vauxhall Insignia
  • Peugeot 307, Peugeot 308, Peugeot 407, Peugeot 508, Peugeot 607, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 5008
  • Renault Espace, Renault Vel Satis
  • Saab 9-3 - 1.9 TiD, 1.9 TTiD
  • Volvo C30 D3 and D4, Volvo S40 D3 and D4, Volvo V50 D3 and D4, Volvo S60 2.4D, D5, D5 AWD, T6 AWD and R AWD 06-07, 08- Volvo V60 D3, D5, D5 AWD, T6 AWD, Volvo S80 2.5T, 3.2, T6 AWD, V8 AWD, D5 and D5 AWD, Volvo V70 2.5T, 3.2, T6 AWD, 2.4D, D5, D5 AWD and R AWD 06-07, 08- Volvo XC60, Volvo XC70, Volvo XC90 3.2 and V8 AWD
  • Volvo 31256774, Volvo 31256775, Volvo 31256776
  • Aisin TF60SN, TF61SN and TF62SN
  • VW 09G, 09K, 09M, for Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda
  • Volkswagen/ Audi Transmission 0C8 (Touareg 2011-, Q7 2010-), VW G055540A2
  • Isuzu 2-90531-200-0, Isuzu 2-90531-201-0
the one I needed was VW G055540A2 2011,
TR-80SD / 0C8, I GOT 20lts , from Ravenol UK. good price too. I also used RAVENOL Transfer Fluid TF-0870 is a fully synthetic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been going through this thread but haven't come to a clear conclusion if a fluid change would sort an issue on my 2012 Touareg. It's got around 135k km done and the last time the fluids got changed was around the 60k mark. I just bough the car and noticed when downshifting from 4 to 3 (around 40km) there's a noticeable stutter.

Could the transmission fluid be the culprit here?

Also, what's the best fluid for the 8 traps transmission?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been going through this thread but haven't come to a clear conclusion if a fluid change would sort an issue on my 2012 Touareg. It's got around 135k km done and the last time the fluids got changed was around the 60k mark. I just bough the car and noticed when downshifting from 4 to 3 (around 40km) there's a noticeable stutter.

Could the transmission fluid be the culprit here?

Also, what's the best fluid for the 8 traps transmission?
I would do the ATF fluid, it will make a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi again :) so back to my own thread after 7 years with new ideas :)
i still have my beast and done almost 120k kms during 7 years and i think its time to do ATF again, i have NO issues, despite many many KMs on off roading and tranny abuse :)) but cause am keeping my car for unknown amount of years so i want to be on safe side and do it again :)
now for these 7 years i came across many many different info about OE and different alternative oil that can be used in our AISIN 09D tranny...... maybe most of you know that for OE ATF part number is G 052 025 A2,
and that the official documents from tranny manufacturer shows us oil standard for this aisin box is JWS3309
so it doesn't need too much time to find alternative oil to meet same standards :) and since AISIN is one of the biggest tranny makers and almost all TOYOTAs have AISINs i went to my mate who works in local toyota dealer and we went through some docs trying to find same oil and we found that OE Toyota Type IV oil is exactly the same as our G 052 025 A2 :) (happy) than i went on the internet and i found this: on Russian forums there are tons and tons of info about toyota Type IV oil and yes it was confirmed that lot of other car brands with AISIN trannys can use this oil and its same as OEM :) and the main difference is the PRICE OMG PRICE cause in local VW dealer price of 1lt of OEM ATF is 40 $$$$$$ i can not believe it, but in toyota dealer OE Type IV fluid costs only 9 $ per 1 lt, so its a huge difference when you wand to get 11 LTs of oil :)
i think for the 15 year old car that is loosing its value quite badly its not a good idea to spend 440$ only for the ATF, but for the diffs and transfer case I'm going to use only VW OE fluids as we only need few :)
what do you guys think and if anyone have any suggestions you are always welcome :)

Thanks a lot for this info. I will be changing my trans oil using Toyota ATF Type T-IV. ( my car is VW Touareg 3.2 2005). It will be massive savings. Btw, thanks to all for this amazing tread, and well explained procedure. Cheers guys. Will post a results as soon as I've done the job.

361 - 380 of 387 Posts