Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do not suggest I upgrade my webasto heater to Telestart. I have no desire to do so. I understand how it works and mine is working well.
I'd like to have the benefits of the ZeroStart heater too.
I have a ZeroStart coolant heater I'd like to install on my V10 and I'm aware there's not much room for it. But my first challange is to find a set of coolant hoses to Tee into.
I was thinking the heater core feed hose would be a good place (hydronically provide convectional heat to dash/cabin and also hydronically to block). Trouble is I haven't located said heater core coolant line.
Are they in the driver's wheel well (left side in the US) behind the liner along with the webasto heater?

Anyone with pictures of the back of the motor or engine bay when the motors out?

Anyone ever install one?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you can, you may want to find a 1500w tank model. I think the block one in the pic is only 750w.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that picture is just a sample picture. The one I have is rated at 1500 W

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Really don't think you will find space at the back of the V10. Under the left front wheel liner around the Webasto is also tight but might be possible

·
Registered
319 Posts
Any updates? Did you install the ZeroStart on your T1 V10?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused::confused::confused:Do you even read brau?

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry 4xMotionTDI, I realized I should have read through this thread! I've been posting to 3 related threads and see now I've left this one incomplete.
Here are the results:

Update on the 1000w heater installed with circulation pump:
Temps have averaged in the teens to single digits here in PA over night.
I've set a timer on the unit to run for up to 5hrs straight with no to little affect on coolant temperature.
While the coolant is warmer than ambient air -above freezing- its not warm when starting up and getting the air blowing out of the vents.
THe coolant gauge doens't budge when started until 3-5 mins of driving and heat isn't noticable for at least 5 minutes of driving.
SO, all in all, the 1000W unit isn't strong enough to warm this beast up given 5hr of run time.
I think I'll remove it and resell to a smaller tdi owner.
It was fun trying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts