Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the clunk-n-thunk which makes me suspect the transmission valve body, although it seems a bit milder than how most describe it on this forum. Still, I intend to get it checked out by the mechanic for codes, but I'm looking around for the best replacement now in case my suspicions are correct.

Others on the forum have recommended this for the "proper" replacement/upgrade: http://www.revmaxconverters.com/index.php/09d-tr-60sn-840.html

But the site lists only compatibility for 3.2L, 4.2L, 2.0T. My transmission code is KRK on the build sheet.

My questions:
- Is there a similar upgrade for my 3.0 TDI so this doesn't happen again in the future, or am I stuck with the original replacement that I can expect to fail again?
- Can I check for valve body codes myself with VCDS?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No codes for "THE THUMP".

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neither I nor the shop could not replicate it again. It was happening on a very long (over 700 miles) road trip and has not happened since.

I'll be changing the transmission fluid. Another poster mentioned a transmission cooler open/closed loop thermostat that I will look in to replacing preventatively (don't have the link to that now).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts