Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just got my treg, and very first thing I had to get was a roof rack! I was trying to find oem roof rack, as wanted to be able to use my sunroof. Well, it was more like not having to worry about accidentally opening sunroof, while using the rack.

I tried to get an OEM rack, but didn’t want to pay dealer pricing. In Canada so never any deals or discount! I was able to find (separately) Yakima timberline foot pack & jet stream aero bars, which was in great shape.

I wasn’t sure if the Yakima roof rack, would hinder the use of the panoramic sunroof. I asked on the forums (here and the TDI forum) but wasn’t able to get clear answer, if the sunroof would hit or not. On Yakima’s website, for T3, they do t recommend the use of the sunroof with the roof rack.

I went ahead and purchased, and very happy to report, Yakima timberline and jetstream aero bars did not stop me from using the sunroof. Open and close was fine, but a little tight on the rear rack. I’m going to move it up a bit, to get a little more clearance, for my liking. Surprisingly, im also able to use the sunroof (not that I would) with Thule roof box. Accidentally opening the sunroof doesn’t really sit well with me..

I dont really hear any wind noise from the Yakima bars, if any at all. I’m very happy I went with the Yakima setup, instead of having to dish out the $$ for the oem. I do have oem bars on my MK6 Golf TDI, they were a lot easier to find.

Cheers,

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for this post! I wanted more width than the factory bars allow, but was worried about the sunroof hitting the bars. Your post + pictures was exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts