·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy another V10 preferably with these options:
approx 150,000 miles or less
Any exterior color EXCEPT GOLD
Interior colors: black or teak with 4 zone & heated steering wheel
Air suspension (I believe this was standard for the v10s?)
2008 (ideal) but open to other years
Must have been well maintained and no rusty panels

Please PM me if you have one to sell or know of one for sale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck been looking for 2 years and I've only come across one V 10 2008 that year there was less than 200 in North America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if it has heated steering but there is a 2008 V10 white over beige with 134,419 at Jordan motorsports in Portland. Priced pretty high at 16,997.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eeesh, yeah, they're fetchinga decent $ still

·
Registered
3 Posts
There’s a V10 on listed on Facebook marketplace located in Freehold, NJ. It’s a private sale 10k with 120,000 and maintenance records since new. I can’t post the link since I’m a noob but had to share

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve been in contact with that seller and doesn’t sound like he’s very flexible on price even though it’s a good deal plus he’s got a number of other interested parties and I just picked up a Q7 this morning. Might have to postpone my hunt for a little while.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I’ve been in contact with that seller and doesn’t sound like he’s very flexible on price even though it’s a good deal plus he’s got a number of other interested parties and I just picked up a Q7 this morning. Might have to postpone my hunt for a little while.
What kind of Q7 did you pick up? Congrats and share some details lol.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

What kind of Q7 did you pick up? Congrats and share some details lol.

08 Q7 4.2. Has multiple cylinder misfire’s. Initial assumption is fuel injector/carbonization of the files. Won’t know until I get into it. Rest of the condition is excellent except for the headlights needing to be polished out which is common.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
730 Posts
I had a 20008 V10tdi. Sold it cheap 2 years ago as no one seemed to want them. Lot of dreamers. Anyway I saw it up for sale again, took a while for it to sell and it was advertised better than I did. Anyway it had just over 100k and sold for 14k(both by me and I believe the next owners sale} I think that is the market and the car was beyond mint. Anyway I would not want a 2006 and up for several reasons. I would rather find a mint 2004 if I was looking. A lot of cam issues with the later ones due to the oil requirements for the dpf. The cams in my 2004’s look new with regular maintenance. I never pulled the valve cover on my 2008 but doubt the would be good over 120k.

·
Registered
204 Posts
View attachment 233926

08 Q7 4.2. Has multiple cylinder misfire’s. Initial assumption is fuel injector/carbonization of the files. Won’t know until I get into it. Rest of the condition is excellent except for the headlights needing to be polished out which is common.
Nice! Hope the cylinder misfires can be repaired without much of a headache. Those year 4.2L were quite nice and rare. Did you get the Luxury 6 Seater version?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes. With the 3rd row.
agree with blownvette, 04’s also have far fewer emission devices on them. My 04 V10 doesn’t even have downstream O2 sensors.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s a nice Touareg. What year and Specs?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts