Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or know where I can buy them for my T2?

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey Perry, Try tm-techmark.com they say they have them for $399 + $20 for shipping. Check it out, also installation instructions with pictures. Best powder day I can remember today, see you soon. Mike

·
Registered
522 Posts
yes, thought I was being so helpful

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
711 Posts
I made a kit by buying a used Bentley part on eBay and making a harness from the information I found on line. I was able to use a dremmel to open up the covers on the column to fit the paddle shifters. Looks great and was less than $200 for everything.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Column-Lever-Clockspring-3D0953549D-Bentley-Continental-Flying-Spur-/272268335542?hash=item3f647519b6:g:iegAAOSwzJ5XWHEZ&vxp=mtr

This is something to look for, I'm sure you will find one for less...not much demand

Also if you look closely at the left paddle in the eBay picture you will see a missing rubber rims that is a cushion for the lever pivot point. The one I bought was worn and I was able to get a replacement at the local hardware store in the plumbing section to make it feel line new.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made a kit by buying a used Bentley part on eBay and making a harness from the information I found on line. I was able to use a dremmel to open up the covers on the column to fit the paddle shifters. Looks great and was less than $200 for everything.

Steering Column Lever & Clockspring 3D0953549D Bentley Continental Flying Spur

This is something to look for, I'm sure you will find one for less...not much demand

Also if you look closely at the left paddle in the eBay picture you will see a missing rubber rims that is a cushion for the lever pivot point. The one I bought was worn and I was able to get a replacement at the local hardware store in the plumbing section to make it feel line new.
So I found paddle shifters and brown trim pieces from a Bentley Continental GT. Can you please provide info on making the wiring harness?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
711 Posts
It's only two wires, a connector at the paddle shifter and two repair wires going into the TCM. You can ask the VW parts guy for the connector and repair wires like I did or maybe Sprocket would sell you a harness.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's only two wires, a connector at the paddle shifter and two repair wires going into the TCM. You can ask the VW parts guy for the connector and repair wires like I did or maybe Sprocket would sell you a harness.
Spockcat was able to piece together another wiring harness and it's on the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Perry01
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing