Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a clean low miles Touareg TDI , white exterior and brown/black interior preferred , the other color is also considered

Living in seattle area but don't mind a road trip after pick it up

Cash in hand, feel free to contact me [email protected]

·
Registered
209 Posts
What's your Budget? You're around $30K for a '15-'16. Low miles '11 is in a completely different world from a low miles '16.
Autotrader is probably your best bet. Hall VW in WI usually has a good selection- seem a little light at the moment but do have 2 that fit your criteria. Also a '13 Hybrid that anyone in their right mind would at least look at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's your Budget? You're around $30K for a '15-'16. Low miles '11 is in a completely different world from a low miles '16.
Autotrader is probably your best bet. Hall VW in WI usually has a good selection- seem a little light at the moment but do have 2 that fit your criteria. Also a '13 Hybrid that anyone in their right mind would at least look at.
Thank you @RocketTech for pointing that out. I am also browsing the other sites but no good deal found so far. I've found quite a few good deals here in the last 3 months but they got sold fast.
I don't plan to spend over $25k as I don't care too much about the face lift or trying to get extreme low miles touareg.
This will be my first TDI so probably not consider hybrid at this time. Thank you for the information though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being your first treg, what features are you looking for in a lux or exec?
I've learned some ppl don't like the sunroof but for me it is a must, so sport trim cannot be on my list.
Regarding Lux vs exec, the audio upgrade is nice to have , what interests most is the keyless start which I am willing to pay as I've so get used to in my other car and motorcycle. The wheel looks a lot nicer too but if Lux is a good deal I can buy other wheels with the money saved, though I've learned Keyless is not easy to install. Newer version touareg has the keyless as standard so it is not a problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea. My sport doesnt have a sunroof, but I've never used one on any of my cars. The audio upgrade is cool but again, I'd prefer a well cared for vehicle over the things that can be upgraded. My sport does have keyless entry and push button start. Those 2 I cannot live without. Wheels are a simple upgrade.

The only thing I miss from my 2 previous tregs is the parking sensors. The 360 camera on the exec is pretty cool too. Just not worth a $10k premium over a well maintained sport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. My sport doesnt have a sunroof, but I've never used one on any of my cars. The audio upgrade is cool but again, I'd prefer a well cared for vehicle over the things that can be upgraded. My sport does have keyless entry and push button start. Those 2 I cannot live without. Wheels are a simple upgrade.

The only thing I miss from my 2 previous tregs is the parking sensors. The 360 camera on the exec is pretty cool too. Just not worth a $10k premium over a well maintained sport.
Agreed, the parking sensors and mirror is also easy to upgrade within $200 for a decent set. If to buy new , I doubt myself will like to spend those much. But for used cars, it well worth to spend just a little bit more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That has nothing to do w to what I was referring. The sports have back up cameras. The exec's have a 360 degree view, as if coming from a helicopter overhead - also sensors that turn color and beep as you get closer to objects.

You should do a bit more research on the differences between models. Sounds to me like you could save 10k and get a sport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uhh, my bad, I see what you mean now. The 360 is actually constructed by a group of camera and installed in multiple locations as per my knowledge, so I don't expect it as an easy job.
One thing I like about the sport package is the seat materials comparing to leather. Heard so many good words about its durability.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you haven't dug into it, realize 2011-12 is a different engine code than 2013-up. I've had at least one of each, not saying one is better than the other, each person has to decide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts