Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my Treg in February and brought it to the family mechanic to get my left control arm bushings and right control arm replaced and he noticed the front differential has a crack in it and my last mechanic didn't notice it when he looked it over before I purchased it which now has me looking at 3800 for a new one I was hoping someone on here would have one available on the east coast. i've tried a few junkyards and parts are scarce

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent the pic to my mechanic once he gives me the OK i'll be sending payment....Do u know the mileage? and is it possible to get the VIN my mechanic wanted to match it and make sure it fits before going thru the trouble Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's higher miles, over 150k. it's out of a 2004 3.2l vr6 touareg. Another shop "diagnosed" a bad diff for my customer and he showed up with a used one in his trunk and was persistent no diagnosis was needed. Didn't fix his noise, he had a broken axle joint cage.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's higher miles, over 150k. it's out of a 2004 3.2l vr6 touareg. Another shop "diagnosed" a bad diff for my customer and he showed up with a used one in his trunk and was persistent no diagnosis was needed. Didn't fix his noise, he had a broken axle joint cage.

so there's no VIN to match the both vehicles available then huh?? I'll ask him and see if it's worth the risk...any chance you can quote me on shipping to

Edge Motors
107 Railroad Ave.
West Haverstraw
NY, 10993

I'd send it straight to the shop if i were to get it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry I did the job over a year ago, I don't have a vin for it. It will fit a 2004 3.2L Touareg since that is what it came out of.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to him he said it's worth taking a shot on it over buying a new one or trying to find another used one...PM me your payment instructions, and cost of shipping to that address

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
Dpkhym
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing