Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has a 2013 Sport w/nav for sale, it has 407 miles asking $39,949. No other details at this point.

I'd appreciate input on the asking price, it must have received the emissions fix if it's being advertised.

Thanks,

JF

· Registered
100 Posts
I would personally stay away from such a low-mile 5-year old car. It has likely been sitting for long periods of time and probably only driven occasionally for short trips. Depends on the climate, but would probably still need new brakes, tires, all the things a higher-mile vehicle might need. Not sure how diesel fuel systems do with long disuse, but I can't imagine it's good.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
I wouldn't walk away from that...

I'd run like hell.

· Registered
67 Posts
If it has been at that dealer since new they should have a reason it was still sitting on the lot when the scandal broke in 2015. Seems weird for them to sit on a vehicle for a couple years knowing it is losing substantial value. 2015 to now can be explained by the scandal though.

Whatever their explanation, I agree with @noobytoogy I'd be running away.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just got 2013 tdi with 47k miles pd 25k. I know it sat for about a year prior to "the fix". I did get an extended warranty besides the warranty that comes with "the fix" I bought a new battery but think it would have needed one anyway. But I am happy with the vehicle ... So far so good.

· Registered
64 Posts
The vehicle itself, if you get the full history and a reasonable warranty why not... For $39k plus taxes.... mmmm probably not, for less dough sure. The low mileage wouldn’t worry me a bit. Just bought a 97 powerstroke with 91,000kms (54,000 Miles) and a 2012 Touareg with 114,000kms (69k miles) both are awesome rigs.

It may have been a very late 2013 build, received 2014 to dealership, priced too high then Diesel Gate hit.

j

· Registered
162 Posts
I bought one from a dealer a few months ago with no fix done to it. 28k CAD for a 2013 Sport with Nav with 82k KMs (51k miles) on it. So that doesn't necessarily mean it has the fix. I'm hoping to make some money when it comes time for mine to get the fix. I know I won't get all, but some I think.

I'd buy it, probably not for that much money though.

· Registered
67 Posts
I'm hoping to make some money when it comes time for mine to get the fix. I know I won't get all, but some I think.
I just had mine fixed and despite both the PO and Dealer that sold it to me filing claims (apparently, only one PO on carfax but "two previous claims filed" per claims support), I just got the full amount, deposited into my account today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.