Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else hate the Touareg's folding rear seats? I have already managed to break one of the plastic pieces that the rear headrests go into because it didn't line up perfect with the metal tab on the seat bottom. I've also managed to scuff up the tops of the seats. Presumably this was from rubbing up against the metal underside of the seat bottom.

I got a SUV so I could haul stuff around in it. Now I dread having to put my seats down in fear that I'll damage them even more. Ugh.

-=cysco

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your right, the rear seats can be kind of tough to put down. I am sure the scuff marks should come out with some good leather cleaner and a little bit of scrubbing. Also, your dealer should be able to get you a new plastic piece. I am not telling you anything that you haven't already thought of. I have put my seats down only a couple of times to transport stuff. In my opinion, the Treg is not the most ideal vehicle to load stuff on a regular basis. Just my .02

Joe

·
Registered
110 Posts
Once you've folded down the seats several times it gets easier and faster. It is not the best design, agreed. I put thin towels down before securing the seats to protect the seats from the metal pieces.

·
Registered
51 Posts
cysco said:
I have already managed to break one of the plastic pieces that the rear headrests go into because it didn't line up perfect with the metal tab on the seat bottom. -=cysco
I did the exact same thing. Haven't replaced mine yet. I don't even know how much it would cost. Let me know if you ever find out.

Other than that, I find the folding seats relatively functional, if somewhat awkward to get used to. I'm not afraid of putting the cargo area to work...And I do have the scratches to prove it (much to my wife's chagrin)...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree that the rear folding seats are a pain. The way the bottom must be pulled up and having to fumble with the headrests make folding and raising the rear seats a real chore. VW uses the same design in the Jetta and Passat wagons and Porsche also uses it in the Cayenne. The design was probably driven by space constraints but then again the folding seats in the BMW X5 and 5 Series wagon work sooo much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.