Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 TDI will not shut off with handbrake engaged, but will shut off as soon as its released ?

[ame]https://vimeo.com/160811961[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
Maybe the switch has a short in it. Have you scanned for codes with vcds?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't been able to get my hands on a scanner, but if it was a short why would it be linked to the parking brake?

Works any other time with parking brake disengaged.

But i have noticed that it will shut off the odd time with The brake engaged. For the most part it will not shut off, but the odd time it will.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so I think I've pinpointed the issue to be related to my remote starter I had installed before winter.

The starter has a two datalink bypass (one for brake pedal being depressed at start, and one for the key in ignition for start).

What I've just realized is when my drive is complete, and I put the vehicle in P, the green "foot pedal" shows on the dash, but as soon as I press the down the parking brake the pedal light goes away and I hear a "click" from my remote starter box. And then she won't shut off.

As soon as I release the parking brake it clicks again, and voila it will then shut off no problem.

The question is, WHY!

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Probably a better question for whoever wired your remote starter. There are a half dozen lockouts to get around for a remote starter, so highly likely some bit of wiring hacking was done to get it to (kind of) work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts