Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Hope someone can shed some light onto this.

Any time I get in my T-Reg when it's been sitting for a while (first thing in the morning is almost 100%) the following happens:

Start car
Put into Drive or Reverse
step on accelerator
Nothing Happens

The car feels like it's trying to go, but cant. Occassionally, I can hear a slight grinding or cranking noise.

If I lay on the accellerator the car usually finds a gear and lurches forward. It definately seems to be related to the car sitting around for a while as it is difficult to repro if I've been driving for a while.

I don't think this is the same as the sluggish accel recall issue as I had that addressed a few weeks ago.

Any ideas?

thanks

cysco

· Registered
3,295 Posts
You need to get to the dealership. You may have a transmission module that's not communicating correctly. You could have a Stepper Motor problem.

When my stepper motor when bad, none of the gears would engage, but when I put it back into Park I'd get a quick grinding noise.

· Registered
51 Posts
I have a base V6 model and mine does the same thing, only I don't get any weird noises with it (although, I never listened specifically for it). It really concerns me. It happens maybe once or twice a week. I have 7700 miles on my Treg. Should I take it in NOW or can it wait til the 10K service? There are a couple other things I plan to have addressed then. Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.