Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I requested a build sheet (Vehicle Data) from my VW dealer for my new-to-me 2009 V6 TDI.

Although my Touareg's gear shift is outfitted with Tiptronic and it does indeed work, it has an option code "SLB: Without Tiptronic operation" :confused:

Other head-scratchers include the contradictory "FRI: Fresh air intake system with activated charcoal canister" / "AKB: Without activated charcoal canister withSCR"

and "LDC - Without country code (no DVD player in vehicle)" / "CDR: DVD (NAR)"

Anyone know what that's about?

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
No idea. The build sheet codes appear both in your owners manual (usually two stickers in the first few pages) they also appear under the trunk when you lift up the floor (ie: to access the spare tire)...usually to your right, but can be stuck anywhere. Likely to have the accurate info on the decals stuck to your vehicle vs whatever it is the dealer pulled.

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
I have the same thing with mine (ie. I have working Tiptronic. but "Without Tiptronic operation" in vehicle data query). Obviously it's because this flag marks whether there are shifting paddles or buttons installed behind or on the steering wheel. As these are not present on neither your or on my car, but Tiptronic switching is only available from the standard transmission selector, the related option is marked as "Without Tiptronic operation" (from the steering wheel).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts