Model: Touareg
Engine: TDI V6
Mileage: 17,343
Equipment: Completely Loaded except Lux Limited
Price: $48,900
7/100K Platinum Plus Transferable Warranty
Extra Offroad Goodies

KBB Private Party Sale Price Showing Equipment Detail:

2010 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport Utility 4D Used Car Prices, Reviews - Kelley Blue Book

And I've got pics:

touareg_4sale Photo Gallery by Garth at pbase.com

And YES I have the 2nd tie down strap for the full size spare! Someone actually noticed that!

I seriously may need therapy when this sells! :(

Some would argue I need therapy already but that's beside the point [-X

PM, serious inquiries.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow, that is a BEAUTIFUL truck. GLWS.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, since we aren't parting for financial reasons, a part of me almost hopes it doesn't sell. I suspect it will though. :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
LOL- I'm right there with ya!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested in your ride. What other offroad goodies do you have? Do you have the regular spare? Did you switch the tire size for offroad use? Has that affected the on road handling or performance? It looks like it's in excellent shape. Are there any issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The offroad goodies were pictured.

Weathertech Mat
Full Size spare. The Donut is still hidden below.
Both front and single rear tow hooks.
Tow Strap.
Mini-shovel.

Also pictured were the three different cargo nets available.

Everything tucks neatly away with the donut spare or in either side pocket. With both tie straps, the spare is solid.

No problems/issues beyond the fact that I am selling it. :rolleyes:

I am running 255/55/19 Pirelli ATRs and love them. They come in at 30.3" overall height [calculated size is 30.1 but they are 30.3] and actually put the speed/odometer much closer to true per GPS than the stock size were and well under the 31.5s that many run so no issues at all rubbing etc.

For an ATR tire, they have "great" road mannerisms. Obviously, the "best" thing would be to have winter/offroad 17" wheels and tires and summer/on road 19s or 20s but with my situation I would constantly be changing wheels/tires. Most offroading during the summer and winter is well winter plus we have a farm. I like the look with the Terras so I thought I would give this a try at least through one set of tires and have been perfectly happy so far. Only jury still out on the Pirellis is total mileage and as you can see at 17343 they hardly look worn so I think they'll at least hit 40K, though they're actually rated for 50K.

thanks for your interest,

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UP on Autotrader

It is finally up on Autotrader but there are still a couple of type-os on the page I am trying to get them to fix and one picture problem - but it's there. Started talking to Autotrader Tuesday. Didn't know it was so complicated to get an Autotrader Ad going?? Anyway, it's gotten 10 views today already so I doubt she'll last long. :(

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=302051172

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sale Pending . . .

Have a sale pending. Thanks to all that have inquired.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm beyond words but it went to a good home, I didn't get hurt on price, and the wife can just drive her Volvo til the wheels fall off . . . :rolleyes:

Only good news is we got creamed from behind sitting at a stop light Saturday and had I not sold the Treg we would have been in it. Our Volvo probably has over $2K damage, I'm guessing, find out for sure today, but was still drivable. The Nissan Xterra that hit us? It was smashed clear into the engine bay and about the mid point of both front tires. I'd say that's a pretty hard smack. Amazing someone wasn't hurt.

New Treg owner made it back to CA safely and is in love as a normal person should be. Hopefully he'll introduce himself here shortly.

I'll still check in here from time to time and if my health ever improves will likely be driving another one myself . . .

Writing on my 2nd book . . .

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
worst thread ever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.