Club Touareg Forum banner

Which Date works better for you for the Devil's Lake meet?

• June 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 23

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking for interest in a meet n greet for us Wisconsin Treggers. Just looking to gauge interest and throw some dates out there. I had a couple thoughts so here they are. I only get weekends (sat/sun together) off every 7 weeks, so I am limited on my dates.

June 9th or June 23rd - Meet at Devils Lake State Park near Baraboo. This is one of Wisconsin's most visited State Parks. I prefer the South Shore, as it is less touristy than the north shore. If folks are interested, it could be a family day. bring your kids, spouse etc. Getting there between 9-10, 11 at the latest gets you decent parking. Grills are available and I would be willing to spring for hot dogs/hamburgers and will provide a fair amount of home brewed beer. If anyone wants to come, other snacks/soda etc would be appreciated. State Park stickers are required, at $7 for daily pass or $25 for yearly pass (if you have WI plates). Here is a link to the website. If there is interest, I will make sure I am there early enough to get us a shelter or try and reserve one, if there is enough interest to warrant that (I think it is $5 per vehicle to reserve one). I will have a Vag Com available for anyone who needs, but can only Vag 06 and earlier.

Devil's Lake State Park Visitor's Guide: DevilsLakeWisconsin.com

2nd option is for the fall. On September 8th, in a little town called Mt. Horeb, there is something called the Thirsty Troll Brewfest. Details on the website I linked, but beer tasting from 25 micro breweries, along with a nice drive in very nice countryside. We could meet somewhere else in the morning and caravan there. Tickets are $30-40. It is about 20 minutes from Madison.

10th Annual Thirsty Troll Brew Fest

Thoughts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll be back home in October for a wedding...can't you do it then? :) Just kidding of course...

We could even do a special GTG to Treggers who are also former Jarheads!

Tank Killer 0351 '76 - 80 Semper Fi!

Tim

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be back home in October for a wedding...can't you do it then? :) Just kidding of course...

We could even do a special GTG to Treggers who are also former Jarheads!

Tank Killer 0351 '76 - 80 Semper Fi!

Tim
HA! Semper Fi.....The rest of us Tregger's could crash the wedding...... :evil_laugh:

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I added a poll for which date works best for peeps.

Any Rock climbing should be done before beer tasting.......

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Count me in barring any unforeseen bitchiness from wifey
LOL! Just tell her there will be other wives there to commiserate with...

I take it she doesn't read these forums....

And if these dates don't work, we can always find some later in the summer. I can't do the Colorado meet, but I just thought it would be fun for a bunch of us to get together, and by doing it at a state park, we can make the wives/childrens feel welcome too. :D

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. Just gauging interest here and a little more input on dates. Dates are flexible, but I need to check availability for the pavilions if we have a decent amount coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first post!

I voted 23rd but could probably make the 9th. But, since only 3 people have voted, looks like a small turnout. :(

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there going to be any interest in this? Otherwise I may scratch it and take suggestions for a different date/time.

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am available both weekends..so what works better for you guys? I won't worry about getting a pavilion since it seems turnout may be small. Hopefully some more will chime in and let us know. I will get some directions together or a map and post it with where we can gather.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts