Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
i am soooo upset. i was removing ice from my wiper blades on my 04 treg v6. i picked up the one on the drivers side where the blade fits onto the arm. it was fine. went to do the same with the other wiper blade. picked it up in the same spot(so i had blade and arm in my hand)..the plastic piece the snaps onto the arm to cover where wiper blade snaps in, fell off into my hand, the wiper blade fell off, and the arm snapped back and cracked my windshield. does this sound like manufacturers defect on the plastic piece?[/b]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ouch... sorry to hear that... I haven't had any trouble with my wipers yet (granted, I haven't touched them). Hopefully someone else on here can help you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always pic up my wipers by the arm part. Never by the rubber. I too am sorry to hear this happened. Let us know how the windshield replacement goes. I heard they are on backorder from Germany.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cin said:
:cry:
i am soooo upset. i was removing ice from my wiper blades on my 04 treg v6. i picked up the one on the drivers side where the blade fits onto the arm. it was fine. went to do the same with the other wiper blade. picked it up in the same spot(so i had blade and arm in my hand)..the plastic piece the snaps onto the arm to cover where wiper blade snaps in, fell off into my hand, the wiper blade fell off, and the arm snapped back and cracked my windshield. does this sound like manufacturers defect on the plastic piece?[/b]

If this would have happened to me, I would be soooooo upsert too. I cannot believe they are not checking quality control any better than to have this haoppen. I have not had a problem but would be really teed off and would try my best to make VW pay for it. Not your fault , in MHO

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiper Blades

My wiper blades and the wiper arms were so shaky in slow intermittent mode the dealer had to replace the whole thing.
Kris Raghunathan

·
Registered
124 Posts
cgmb16 said:
I always pic up my wipers by the arm part. Never by the rubber. I too am sorry to hear this happened. Let us know how the windshield replacement goes. I heard they are on backorder from Germany.
Maybe a present from VW GODS. They want us to see the new, 'Non-Wavy' windsheids so that we can all crack ours and get one that does not distort objects in peripheral vision :) LOL, hey, it could happen?!??!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Ravensmith
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing