Club Touareg Forum banner

Wiper Blades for 7P

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  volkswagens-for-life 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Anyone got any recommendations for wiper blade replacements for the 7P era Touareg's?
My last purchase was from wiper tech and I really wasn't overly impressed if I'm honest.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 ·
I bit the bullet and got my replacements from VW.
In my experience with wipers for the 'reg, cheaper price meant inferior quality.

(Disclosure - I have a mate that can sometimes get me staff discount - not always, but then again - I'm not constantly pestering him)

#14 ·
Valeo 95862893900 (L or R) is at least as good as the OEM wipers. They're usually about the same price as OEM (VW 7P0998002 set) so it may come down to what's on sale.
Bosch 3397009034 (set) are good as long as they last, but they don't seem to last as long as Valeo or VW.

I second this, I got some in Oct 21 and they are still going strong. Rock Auto had them on discount for $8 a piece at the time. I wish I had bought multiple sets.

#5 ·
I recall my shock and horror many years ago when VW serviced my then-new Treg and without any customer consultation replaced the windscreen wipers at a cost of $143 for the pair. That was the last time I allowed VW to service my vehicle. My independent mechanic whom I have now used for almost 10 years uses Bosch wipers at half the price. No different than VW OEM IMO.

#9 ·
Hey guys,
Anyone got any recommendations for wiper blade replacements for the 7P era Touareg's?
My last purchase was from wiper tech and I really wasn't overly impressed if I'm honest.
Thanks.
I agree with you about Wipertech which is disappointing because I think they offer a great service. The front ones went on fine but the rear one was a dog. Ended up having to use the old cover because there was no way the one they supplied would attach. I have had no problems with purchases for other cars, just the Treg.

#10 ·
Hey guys,
Thanks.
Hi
I can thoroughly recommend wiperwarehouse.com.au. My blades (Bosch) were always chattering. Wiper Warehouse blades are smooth.
I also recommend cleaning the windscreen with Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Polishing Compound. Even smoother.

#11 ·
Just purchased from wiperwarehouse.com.au per recommendation from @Arrowmaker.

7L full set of 3 = $71 delivered.

Easy transaction ... hope the wipers are as good !!! :D

#12 ·
This is an older thread but I'll give it a shot anyway instead of creating a new post. I looked up genuine VW replacement blades and I believe they were about $50 for the front blade pair. I'm looking at a nearby auto store (O'Reilly's) and they have a variety from regular rubber to Rain-X Silicone AdvantEdge blades that are $37.99 each or $75.98 for the pair. Not that I'm stupid but it is nice that they put the blades on at no-charge if you buy them there. I imagine some folks reading this have tried silicone blades and would appreciate your thoughts regarding their performance relative to the price? Worth it? I guess I'd rather pay an extra $40-$50 if the blades performed better and lasted longer than rubber blades. Thanks in advance for any comments.

#13 ·
I prefer to buy cheap crap, and actually drive around with a set in the trunk.... at the first sign of a streak or any other issue, I toss them. I usually have 5+ pairs of replacements in the garage and re-order every time I find them on sale...

Font Rectangle Electric blue Number Pattern

OEM ones might last longer, but I can easily get more life out of the crappies and I don't rage when one fails due to replacement costs.

#15 ·
Either OEM from the dealer or Bosch icon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.