Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove my new TREG V8 thru a major thunderstorm for the first time and got a big surprise! Everytime I went thru a puddle over an inch deep my windshield was covered by a wave of water reducing visibilty to zero for several seconds. Water seems to come from the front wheel wells. Never had this happen on any other vehicle I've owned.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions other than moving to the desert?

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Re: visibility

cptnhook said:
i have lost visiblity when driving thru rain. is your equipemd with the auto sensing blades. i turn mine to that position and never touch the wipers again. rain and large puddles no problem
Actually, while the car is equipped with rain sensing wipers, you cannot just leave them in the ON position and forget them. Even if you leave them in the ON position, once you have stopped driving, they will not automatically come back on when it starts to rain. It takes driver intervention to get them to go back into the auto mode. Either you have to shut them off and back on or you have to give the sensitivity dial a slight twist.

We have discussed this issue somewhere before and figure it could be a possible liability issue that VW wanted to avoid. say in case you went through a car wash with the wipers on AUTO and they broke because the started up while the car was being washed. This is especially true in car washs where you have to exit your car while it is being washed.

· Registered
20 Posts
i guess i didnt make it very clear with that i just leave them alone. you are correct, you have to move the sensitivity or take wiper to off in order to get the sensing feature to enable. thank you for clarifing my statement

· Registered
36 Posts
"Bow Wave" from front tires

I had the same thing happen with my Isuzu Trooper when going through big puddles. IT's just a big bow wave coming off the front tires not being blocked by any wheel well because of the ride hight and the forward placement of the wheel in relation to the bumper. (IMHO). It does have a great effect on passing cars (or pedestrians).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.