Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are safe brands to use? I remember Rain-X Orange was a no-no in VWs due to washer pump failures. Is the VW concentrate or Sonax concentrate good for de-icing as well as cleaning? Any other positive product experience is welcome.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
963 Posts
Avoid any screenwash with water-repellant features as it can contaminate the low fluid sensor - Prestone Extreme Performance does well in the UK, I believe it's made in North America.

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
VW sells its own stuff that's obviously formulated to not damage their equipment. They call it the "Windscreen Clear" and has the part number G 052 164. It's a concentrate sold in a 1 liter bottle, that can be diluted to 1:4 (depending on climatic conditions), and costs around 8 USD in Germany. So, that's effectively around 2 USD / liter or $7.50 / gallon in diluted form. Not sure about its availability and price in North-America though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I use Peak De-Icer and Rain Off - It's purple and I get it at Tractor Supply every few mos.

The ONLY fluids that cause issues for the reservoir sensor is the new version of the orange Rain-X. Any other rain-x is fine.

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the replies. I think I may give the Sonax Concentrate a try. A $10 bottle yields 6 gal,, it contains no repellents and the brand is reputable. My VW dealer doesn't even sell a screen cleaner anymore.(?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts