Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Yes, someone had problems with a replacement screen.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
It probably had a scratch on it and they used polishing kit to make it look good but they did not know that it will look silly:))) my friend came across with that kind of problem on his lexus GX on the wind shield and he replaced it with the new one later :)

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nooby, this is not a replacement....new car, but I suppose a new windscreen can be 'faulty' same as a (cheap) replacement!

Nikoloz, same as above...new, but I suppose it could in theory have been repaired as you suggest though I cannot detect any obvious 'waves' etc in it.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
2008 new???

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw....sorry. Need to update profile, or in fact delete, as I no longer drive a Treg. After driving 3 different Tregs since 2004 I have opted for a change... Mercedes GLC 250d. This is the car with the offending screen. Just thought I'd ask here as I have always found members helpful..........and have a bit of a longing for my Treg back.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Naw....sorry. Need to update profile, or in fact delete, as I no longer drive a Treg. After driving 3 different Tregs since 2004 I have opted for a change... Mercedes GLC 250d. This is the car with the offending screen. Just thought I'd ask here as I have always found members helpful..........and have a bit of a longing for my Treg back.
Ah, I see. In that case I think you have the model with the range finder windscreen intended for invading Poland . . . . . again!

· Registered
20,262 Posts
LOL!

It is possible to have a faulty screen so I would just go back to the dealer.

· Premium Member
10,136 Posts
Not uncommon for visual flaws in a windshield. Bring it back, they should replace under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.