Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, has anyone come across a windscreen that causes an effect like wearing incorrect glasses..... a strain on the eyes.

No visible defects in the glass.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, someone had problems with a replacement screen.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
It probably had a scratch on it and they used polishing kit to make it look good but they did not know that it will look silly:))) my friend came across with that kind of problem on his lexus GX on the wind shield and he replaced it with the new one later :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nooby, this is not a replacement....new car, but I suppose a new windscreen can be 'faulty' same as a (cheap) replacement!

Nikoloz, same as above...new, but I suppose it could in theory have been repaired as you suggest though I cannot detect any obvious 'waves' etc in it.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
2008 new???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw....sorry. Need to update profile, or in fact delete, as I no longer drive a Treg. After driving 3 different Tregs since 2004 I have opted for a change... Mercedes GLC 250d. This is the car with the offending screen. Just thought I'd ask here as I have always found members helpful..........and have a bit of a longing for my Treg back.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Naw....sorry. Need to update profile, or in fact delete, as I no longer drive a Treg. After driving 3 different Tregs since 2004 I have opted for a change... Mercedes GLC 250d. This is the car with the offending screen. Just thought I'd ask here as I have always found members helpful..........and have a bit of a longing for my Treg back.
Ah, I see. In that case I think you have the model with the range finder windscreen intended for invading Poland . . . . . again!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
LOL!

It is possible to have a faulty screen so I would just go back to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Not uncommon for visual flaws in a windshield. Bring it back, they should replace under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Different glass companies temper their glass differently. It sounds like you have one that isn't compatible with your eyesight. That happens. Sounds like research into different types of glass are in order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts