Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had the pre-cut Llumar window tint films installed on the front 2 windows to match the rest of the Treg perfectly; and may I say, I am very impressed!

Here are some before and afters. I wish I had taken better pictures without a big reflection of a tree in the windows :eek:

P.S. GO DUCKS!!

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I recommend going directly to a tint shop and ask for the Llumar G35 tint, which is the perfect match for the touareg
if they delt with VWs before they will have it in stock.

I had my front windows tint cut and installed for $75

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Haha...yeah..WI state law is 35% back and 50% front....In Madison you prob won't get flack for it, but if you get dinged for speeding on the interstate, the Troopers will prob catch it, and alot of the County boys outside of Madison will ding you for it, IF they pull you over for something else. I don't know of anyone at my agency that will pull someone over just for that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
matching the front 2 to the wrest can be tricky because the factory tinted windows has a greenish color to it, I had mine like that for a long time but just recently I decided to blackout all of it.

I did 20% tint on all the windows, so the rear windows look like limo tint because of the factory tinted glass. and 50% on the windshield.

only shot I have...

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well different people have indicated doing different things on this thread.

I only matched the front two
ThePeonx darked out his whole rig
OJwerks nearly blacked out his
etc.

A little more specificity would help. :confused2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes I got the kit you had the link to. I was wondering if you did your windows and was it a lot to do or simple.

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, now that we have that straightened away... ;)

First, thanks for the compliment on the rig. I think it makes a huge visual improvement. Now, I look at other SUVs with tinted windows minus the front row and just think how immature it looks :p

Secondly, I did not do the install myself. I was too nervous to do that. There are just some things I am willing to pay other people (professionals) to do. I just dropped off the Treg at a local tint shop in Portland, went to Ikea, then picked it up several hours later. I think they said it only took an hour. Charged me $100, which by the sound of other people's experiences, seems to be a bit high. Oh well :-({|=

·
Registered
495 Posts

This Touareg is gorgeous.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Okay, now that we have that straightened away... ;)

First, thanks for the compliment on the rig. I think it makes a huge visual improvement. Now, I look at other SUVs with tinted windows minus the front row and just think how immature it looks :p
I agree, I think my second row and hatch were blacked out and the front row was like one tint lighter. (I don't know the %'s etc off hand). Also nice when people can't see in the front from the sides, it's a more peaceful/private drive somehow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts