Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2012 VW Touareg and I'm getting used to it. I noticed that the windows do not close automatically when I lock the car is that by design, or is there a feature that I can turn on in settings? Even my old 2003 Sharan automatically closes all the windows when you lock the car.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
On older Touaregs you had to insert the key in the driver's door lock and turn it and hold it whilst the windows closed or opened depending on which way you had turned the key.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think you will find directions in your manual regarding that issue. My Canadian market 2012, with KESSY, will close the windows by either; holding the fob locking button depressed, keeping contact on the touch area of the handle when locking, or using the emergency key in the door handle. You can also set this to act on the sunroof, if open. I expect the liability of having auto close on vehicle windows after the many child and animal deaths in hot weather has more than a small effect on its disappearance .

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The OP doesn't say where in the world he is located but, if I had to guess I would NOT guess the USA simply because he said he had an older Sharan

·
Registered
787 Posts
True. Then he probably just isn’t holding the lock button or it isn’t checked off in the cars system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The OP doesn't say where in the world he is located but, if I had to guess I would NOT guess the USA simply because he said he had an older Sharan
I have a Touareg that was made in Slovakia, first used in USA, then transported to Lithuania where I'm using it now. I think it's a European model, because it has km/h on the speedometer and not mp/h.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I have a Touareg that was made in Slovakia, first used in USA, then transported to Lithuania where I'm using it now. I think it's a European model, because it has km/h on the speedometer and not mp/h.
Click on User CP to update your profile with model, year and your location so people trying to help.you don't gave to make guesses if you ask any other questions.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The windows doesn't close when I hold the lock button, how can I program it to do so?

You need to either check your settings in the cars system through the MMI or what ever VW calls it. If there’s no box to check for it, you’ll need to find someone with a Vagcom to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just checked the "Remote control key" setting is missing on my model, obviously I'll need to re program it. I recently discovered a thing called "obdeleven" will it work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing