Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 2012 Treg and I’m looking at buying some winter tires from my buddies Q7. 10jx21h2et44 is stamped on the inside of the Audi rim. Will this rim and tire fit in my treg? Will going up size affect my vehicle at all? Thank u!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Is the TIRE size the same? If yes, then take one of his Audi wheels and try it on your Treg in place of one of your wheels. If it fits and doesn't interfere with the brake caliper then mount all four (assuming they have tires on them already) and give it a short drive.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If those are wide 21 inch wheels then they really aren't the best size for winter tires at all.

17s or 18s are way more appropriate for winters with a narrower tire and a deeper sidewall, and with a far wider choice of tires at significantly cheaper prices too.

There are a number of threads on here on winter tire and wheel choice. I really recommend you read them before deciding.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It's really hard to convince people about 17-18" wheels on this car especially when they have the wheels already. Everyone has this idea that bigger is better and looks override function which they don't. 21" is not even really that good on dry pavement.

I would not bother with 21" wheels winter or dry summer. A good 17 or 18" wheel will be a much better size. Skinner for winter and you can go wider for summer or get a good AT tire 245-255/70 or 65 and be done. If you want wider, you can go wider but for winter it will be like skis and float rather than cutting into the snow/ice and finding the pavement. 21x10, yowsa! That's a kayak going doing a ski slope. ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lost in the discussion about tread width on snow tires when changing from 20/21 to 17/18 is the equally beneficial result of gaining a higher sidewall. I’ve banged through enough potholes running dedicated 18” winter wheels and tires that I’d have cringed were my 20s still on the car. Forget snow grip...that’s a given. Look instead at the crappy roads you’ll encounter in winter

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi , I have a 2012 Treg and I’m looking at buying some winter tires from my buddies Q7. 10jx21h2et44 is stamped on the inside of the Audi rim. Will this rim and tire fit in my treg? Will going up size affect my vehicle at all? Thank u!!
You never told us much about your intended use, or your existing setup.... but making some assumptions, here you go.
You'll need to check your existing clearances to see if you'll still have room with the new setup..... you will certainly have a "crap ride comfort" so I hope you only drive on really smooth, premium roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
OMG.... I just noticed that you're looking for a Winter Setup...... major FAIL......

This will be a CRAP winter setup! I'd rather rock Worn Out all seasons than your proposed Winter Setup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts