Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an 04 with i presume is a blown motor (4.2 v8) and i was wondering if a phaeton 4.2 v8 will fit and work in a touareg? they are cheaper to get my hands on therefore saving me a couple thousand on a motor thank for any help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id like to drop a 5.3 but i think that would be more expensensive lol.

as far as the build code, are you referring tothe vin code? i just want to be real sure before i drop the cash on the motor. i dont see why they would make more than one 4.2 v8 for the same production years, but whos knows, im not a german automotive engineer lol.
im also worred about sensors and whatnot. thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Build code = engine code, in this case AXQ is the engine code common to the Touareg (2004-06) & The V8 Phaeton (All years available in this country).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Build code = engine code, in this case AXQ is the engine code common to the Touareg (2004-06) & The V8 Phaeton (All years available in this country).
what i worry about is the electronics and the trans as if im not mistaken, the pheaton and treg have a different trans and VW liked wires it seems.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The big thing is to make sure you have and engine code correct ECU (BAR vs BJV or another engine code).

·
Registered
20 Posts
The W12 Phaeton engine would be uber awesome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, just make sure that the replacement engine isn't a FSI engine.
Then swop the sump, oil pickup, filter housing, alternator bracket and rollers. The rest should be plug and play.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
ColoradoMax
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing