Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won an auction for two 2012 key fobs shipped for $12.

I know I can resell them cheap if they don't work.

Anyone happen to know?

From the ad:

These items are in MINT CONDITION. They came from a 2012 Grey VW Jetta TDI wagon that was totaled in February 2015. Key blank is cut. Check with your dealer or locksmith for programming. Not responsible for programming.

Part # 5K0837202F

FCC ID: NBG010206T

IC: 2694A-010206T

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
No, they more then likely will not work. Dealer will not cut blanks unless you buy them from them. Center key you will not be able to do much with at all. If they can be programmed the dealer is the only one that can do it. I am referring to the chip inside them, not the buttons.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My issue is I got one broken key fob with my T1. I can take the working cut blade off my broken fob and pin it onto the new fob and have the dealer reprogram. But are they compatible? I have blank key blades, so I can pin that onto the second fob to have the dealer cut for me.

I heard with proof of title the dealer will cut a blank.

Just curious if the 2012 fob will be compatible with a T1 Kessy. I know I can flip the fobs for $35 each. Worst case.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
If the blank did not come from the dealer they will not cut it. Something to do with the aftermarket blanks damaging their cutting equipment. I seriously doubt they will be compatible. Only way to find out is to go to a dealer and see what they say. No one else can program it to the immoblizer other then the dealer. You can program the buttons easy, it is the chip that needs to be programmed at the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.