Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this? Parked the egg in a steel framed parking garage. Tried to lock the doors. First pressed the button on the driver's door handle. No lock. Tried thelock button on the key fob. No lock. I finally manually locked the doors with the key. After leaving the garage I stopped at a store and parked on the street. No problem locking the car with either the door button or wireless key fob. Decided to confirm that I was not crazy and went back to the parking garage and sure enough the only way to lock the car was manually using the key. Very strange

· Registered
23 Posts
It might be caused by remote-control echo's from the steel frame of the garage. I once found if you press the unlock keys of two cars at the same time neither opens. This mostly happens with cars from the same company.

You will probably notice that TV broadcast towers also renders the remote useless. I had it with my BMW and Opel Astra (and some others) in the Brixton, Johannesburg (South Africa) area where you could only lock the car with the key.

I wonder what this will do to truly keyless cars such as the Benz S600 and some new Pugs with keycards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.