Club Touareg Forum banner

Why I cannot turn on the side assist for my 2009 V6 TDI

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Toua Rex 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought a 2009 V6 TDI with a touch screen (I assume my car is the premium version for V6 TDI), however, I cannot turn on the side assist....

I could clearly see that there are lights on my mirrors which are ready for the side assist. But when I went to the main menu, I just could not select the "side assist" option. That “check mark” could not be on in any sense. I badly know how useful this feature is so it bothers me a lot! I guess the worst case might be that my specific model needs additional hardware (like the sensors in the back) to activate it... no idea...

Anyone could help me? MUCH MUCH APPRECIATION!!

#2 ·
With the engine turned off, turn on turn signal and side assist light should be activated.

#3 ·
The above description is for having a light on in a street parking situation.
if you want the lights for entering and exiting vehicle, On MFI go to conv, then lights, then coming and going and set time for light operation.

#4 ·
OP needs to be more clear. I am taking from his post that he is looking for cornering lights which are not in the side mirrors, but rather the head light assembly. If this is the case you need the HID headlight assemblies with that feature built in, if halogen there is no way to do anything with that feature. That was not part of those headlights.

Reactions: mtnride
#5 ·
Thanks for your replies guys!

Just to avoid the confusion: I mean the lights on mirrors by this:

They function as hints/warnings when changing the lanes. I think Volkswagon call this feature as side assist (some other OEMs call this as "blind spot assist"). I wanted to activate this feature so I followed the user manual and tried to set it up in this menu:

But I cannot click the box in front of the "Side Assist". And that triggers the thoughts that maybe my car needs more hardware in order to activate this feature?

#9 ·
Thanks for your replies guys!

Just to avoid the confusion: I mean the lights on mirrors by this:

View attachment 234782

They function as hints/warnings when changing the lanes. I think Volkswagon call this feature as side assist (some other OEMs call this as "blind spot assist"). I wanted to activate this feature so I followed the user manual and tried to set it up in this menu:
View attachment 234783

But I cannot click the box in front of the "Side Assist". And that triggers the thoughts that maybe my car needs more hardware in order to activate this feature?

Hi Anluzi, did you ever solve this problem with Side Assist? I seem to have the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.