Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im doing an average 200km a day 5 times a week....i have an R5 2005....clocked about 171,000 in about just less than 4 years.Amazing thing is the only local agent here (where i have serviced the car all awhile) has only changed few wear & tear part every time i service my treg....Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter,Engine Oil,Reset computer thats just abt the only parts they have changed.....im surprised to read tregs which has had its belt changed at 80k or less....and other major parts as well....

Let us know if anyone has more done mileage on their tregs and wat things to look out for to repair and change????

My engine definitely sounds a bit rougher than it used to be....or am i just paranoid cause of the lack of expertise here at the local agents.....

Cheers....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't kno bout that but I've put in 100+ MILES in less than 2 years on my 2 cars 6 years ago....the young days when I started dating my wife, then gf. So driving from here to FL every other week, sometimes 2 times a month....does that beat you? lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The highest mileage Treg I've seen thus far at a dealer was an '04 R5 TDi with 211,000km (131,000 mi) on it. It was pretty well looked after. Apparently the owner traded it in on a V6 TDi. Incidentally it's also the only R5 I've ever seen with a manual tranny AND air suspension.

Remember, the R5 engine was originally developed for commercial vehicles (T5 Transporter), so it's designed with high mileage / low maintenance in mind. That's why all the ancillaries are gear driven and there's no timing chain or belt.

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
I have 117k miles, which is 187000kms on my 04 V8 Touareg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought my '06 new that fall, been 3 years now, just rolled past 22k miles.:( Opposite, but that is changing now. I get to drive it more now, not just the wife's car.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
170,000 klms on my V10

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonder if there is anyone who has done a good 300,000kms on their treg????Would be intrested to know what the treg is like after doing the 300k mileage...repairs and problems....ive got a 04 landcruiser...ive clocked 310,000kms on the mileage last week...so far still going steady apart from minor wear and tear replacements...nothing major so far...

·
Registered
116 Posts
85,000 miles and runs better than new 08' v6 gas. changed transmission fluid--700.00!$
and about to change brake fluid, diff. oil and transfer case oil and...flush cooling system. should be good for another 85k. bought new in 08' did brakes once..1100.00 and replaces knock sensors twice. first time unde warranty. i bought extendeded warranty to 100k but replacement cost to $$ so i am keeping for duration!

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Now at 217000kms.Still going

By the way $700 for a tranny flush is a rip off

I paid $200 at the dealer and brought my own fluid (about $100 or so)
I thought $200 was a lot.
A regular tranny flush (on a ford or so) is $50 plus fluid

·
Registered
20 Posts
2005 V6 = 112,000 miles (180,000 km).

So far I have replaced the instrument cluster, bought 3 sets of tires (on the 4th set counting factory crap), front brakes twice, rear brakes once, serpentine belt, plugs and looking like a new MAF sensor is in my future as I just got my first check engine light with the P0068 code.

At 112,000 the car is as quiet and smooth as the day I bought it (with 12 miles on it). But, I do want to sell it before the maintenance gets worse I think :-(

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Think about how much a new car costs. A lot more than maintaining an older one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts