Club Touareg Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
im also a canon user, but for the first time i came across Nikon that i liked, its not a pro camera but it has amazing 83X optical zoom, coolpix p900
here check it out

·
Registered
633 Posts
We still shoot with our geriatric Canon Rebel XT but it does ok with good glass. Here are two shots with the 100-400L and a cheap-ish solar film and black foam board contraption between the lens and old Sol. The first one was handheld in the driveway. Second was on a tripod.

Sunspots before the eclipse. Handheld. by Carl, on Flickr
I think these are spots 2671 and 2672.

Solar Eclipse 2017 by Carl, on Flickr
That was very close to the maximum here in central Colorado.

Big Rhonda is back in the shop. After the last alignment it just wasn't right. Took it back yesterday and found left subframe bolt about to come out and right front wheel axle nut was loose and bearing toasted. Caliper bolt was grinding into the rotor. Yay. Seriously - how can so many techs not have a torque wrench? :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What kind of weather settled in your place on Christmas and New Year eve? I live outside snow belt. So, we have rain, rain and again rain, now and for the next 10 days :-( What could be worse? Those images are not mine, of course. But for me, a southerner, these images are fascinating. Russian real winter and aristocracy's dog hunting re-enactment.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
They are amazing photos.
Here for Christmas is usually quite hot - that was what we had today - 32 degrees Celsius and lots of sunshine.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes - I think they are backpackers on Bondi Beach that are in that article.
Personally, we have lunch at home or relatives - cold meats, prawns and oysters, salads and lots of sweets like pavlova and trifle. Then spend the afternoon in a food coma trying to find somewhere cool.

Getting back on topic of photography -

my Treg decided on my last day of work last week that she wanted to spend the Christmas/New Year break with Dragline for some TLC and a service - lucky I have other cars to drive although none have air conditioning.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep. 99% of my work is film.

35mm: several systems
medium format (6x7): Mamiya RB67 Pro SD
large format (4x5): Toyo 45AII

Natural light, on and off camera flash, and studio lighting.

Portrait and architecture are my main gigs. Some landscape, street and still life.

B&W film: Tri-X, TMAX 100, TMAX 400, some P3200 TMZ
Color negative: Ektar, Portra 160 and Portra 400
Color transparency: new Ektachrome

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I might be...

also follow me here:

I shoot with many cameras, all not super expensive, I don't care about gear or anything else. I shoot mostly film (analog) and digital. My favorite camera is not a hassleblad it's an Olympus OM1 with a 28mm lens and a Canon 5D classic with a 28mm lens. The Canon 5D Classic does amazing things that most other Canons or Nikons don't do. I shoot fashion to street.

I have been super busy with our house lately and have not shot as much as I should. More to the website soon. No I don't shoot cars, I find it boring. I prefer people.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts