Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, are there any photo enthusiast here? Any professionals or if someone like photography as a hobby, If so what gear and editing software are you using? If someone whants to share some of their work they're more than welcome:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
(raises hand)

See here :)

I shoot Pentax bodies, primarily Sigma lenses (although I have many old school Pentax lenses), and use LR5 and Photoshop CS6

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have started to get into it. I'm a complete beginner and I don't practice or read as much as I should, but it's great fun.

I have a Canon crop body, kit lenses, and a 50 1.8. Slowly but surely, my photos are seeing progress. I want to get a fast wide-zoom lens.

·
Registered
633 Posts
We like takin' pictures! ;) Once in a while we even get a decent capture. My dad was interested in the hobby when I was a kid. He even built a bespoke darkroom in their house. I've probably been taking pictures for 35 or so years now. Used to do all of the B&W work for our high school year book - from the exposure to printing. Long nights before a dead line working with Dad - great memories.

He passed a few years ago so I got his cameras. One is a Canon EOS film camera with a 50/1.8 lens that I still use and a 70-210 I haven't touched in years. A great fun one is his old Koni-Omega Rapid M. It shoots 120 format - all manual. It has a 90mm/3.5 lens. It's cool with B&W but I like it most with Portra 160.

We have a Canon Rebel XT that both my wife and I use. Most of the time it has the old EOS 50/1.8 lens mounted but we also use our Canon 10-22 and Canon 100-400L from time to time. I'm an internet plumber by trade and as a result don't like spending non-work time on computers. Because of that I use Aperture for basic post processing work but don't do edits, per se. I suppose I'll have to get Lightroom at some point. :)

Saving my favorite for last - it's the Canon A-1 I used in high school. I have a 70-210 lens for it but it's almost always used with the 50/1.8 lens it came with. Normally use Ektar 100 for color work and TX-400 for B&W. It's my everyday carry camera and works great.

Here's one with the Rebel XT and 100-400L I took of Pikes Peak of the 2014 winter solstice sunrise. The north face of the summit was still in shadow but this east facing slope caught some great Colorado gold light. The blowing snow added a little glow which I really liked.
IMG_1248 by HI Racing, on Flickr

A-1 Ektar shot of the youngest sitting in the Touareg:
Sierra in the Touareg by HI Racing, on Flickr

A1 Ektar shot of middle kid on an amusement shop airplane:
Courtney Aurora and Cyn in Manitou by HI Racing, on Flickr

Touareg makes a great tool for getting to the shot. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, thanks god i thought i was the only one here :) thank you guys for reply, ill try to tell you my little story, since childhood i love taking pictures, my first camera was ZENIT ET (made in ussr) FD, it was difficult but very useful to learn measuring light and understand shutter speed and aperture settings, second camera was canon 300D DSLR, it was 1000 times bedder and easy to use, since than i love cannon and been cannon user ever since, then cannon rebel T1i, than cannon 5D mark II, but i sold it :( (money shortage ) now i have my rebel T1i (500D) with kit 18-55, Tamron SP 70-300mm, 50mm and some filters, I use to be a pro for little period of time but now mostly as a hobby, i like shooting everything Macro, portraits, landscape, architecture and light painting, I use adobe light room and never do major surgery to my photos. i can speak on and on but its better to post some of my work :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got into photography not that long ago but shooting with a canon t5i and running a sigma 10-20f3.5, a sigma 24-70f2.8 and a canon 55-250.

Don't have any pictures to share at the moment from my phone - but heading back to hawaii for a few weeks on Friday so will have Aalto of great pics!

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
We shoot with a Canon 5DmkII using all canon lenses: 50mm f1.2 prime, 24-70mm EF and a 70-200mm f2.0 EF stabilized. Used mostly for portraiture.

Finding the time to use the camera to shoot something other than kids these days? That's harder. I'll see if I can dig up a picture or two.

·
Learner
4,736 Posts
Top shots there nikolz!
I shoot with Canon gear, equipment is much better than my ability
5d and 7d with some great lenses

·
Learner
4,736 Posts
Btw am selling my unused canon 500d if anyone is interested
Brand new Canon EOS 550D Camera with Twin Lens Kit.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Aud$450 plus shipping...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you guys for complements :) finally im not on the phone so i can see those wonderful shots from HIracing well done mate :)

·
Learner
4,736 Posts

·
Learner
4,736 Posts
We need your help expertise to capture some great shots of Touareg in action.... On and off-road:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No time ((((

1 - 20 of 115 Posts