Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im really disgusted with my fronts seats in my t3 2011 tdi lowline... driver side is ripped and I don’t like them . I got bored and took a walk in the recycling yard this afternoon . This is what I found . Seats from a tt s 2016 . Im sending the damaged passenger side for repair and will install the driver in my truck tomorrow night .

Did anybody swap seats in theirs ? Which seat do you use ? Troubles with wiring ? Thanks in advance

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
I find the seats in my '11 comfortable enough, no rips or blemishes either. If I were to ever change the seats I would only want to go with VW Treg seats in saddle brown rather than the black color they are.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The difference is incredible

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
771 Posts
I have those same seats in my Audi. So much better on a long drive. 2 hours is the max I can sit in the Touareg before It becomes unbearable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd also like to know how the install went?
  • Did the seat mate with the rails?
  • Did you have to modify the seat or your truck?
  • Do the wiring harnesses for power and heat mate with those of the truck?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm in the process of retrofitting OEM European Touareg seats that are cooled and have adjustable bolsters.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bolted on same holes , some wiring required ... took the old harness from the treg seats to do an hybrid with the tt harness so I don’t have to splice either the seat or the truck wiring . I have to figure something out for the seatbelt retractor part . The male part goes into the female seat part on the tt seat , I just have to find a way to bolt the third point (?) to the seat at the bottom . Sorry I’m french , it’s not easy to explain !

·
Registered
741 Posts
It sounds like the belt buckle receiver is bolted to the side of the seat, that shouldn't be a problem.
The buckle will probably fir but if it doesn't just swap the Treg one over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We bought a 2016 cayenne gts for parts this week . We are going to receive it next week ... if the interior is better I will take these instead .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Back to the drawing board lol first world problem I guess

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As stated in a previous post , we received a smashed gts 2016 Cayenne today . I will get the complete interior and fit it in my truck . It’s complete with matching back seat , ventilated and massaging , which I tend to believe is more in concordance with the spirit of the truck ... sporty comfort over sport .

The tts seats were good but would be a better fit in a smaller car . I will sell them to pay for the gts ones

1 - 20 of 32 Posts