Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an over heating issue on my Touareg. I've changed the thermostat and checked the water pump for proper operation and everything is fine there. I can hear bubbling coming from the coolant fill tank and the hose leaving the coolant tank is getting super hot and have the suspicion the auxiliary water pump failed or the heater core is clogged. I have been trying to find a diagram or info about someone else having this issue. I can't figure out where the line from the coolant tank goes on the back side of the engine. Does anyone have info?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
FYI

Auxiliary Water Pump: Description and Operation
Recirculation Pump, Engine Codes AXQ and BHX
‹› The Recirculation Pump (V55) is installed in the left front wheel housing behind the wheel housing liner.
Auxiliary Water Pump: Service and RepairRecirculation Pump, Engine Codes AXQ and BHX
Removing-Discharge coolant circuit.-Remove the bracket - 1 - from the body and remove the Recirculation Pump (V55) - 2

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are you losing any coolant? Pressure test the system. I would check for leaks in your cap and coolant reservoir. If any issues with interior heat, I would suspect heater core. Are your cooling fans operating properly? On my 04 V8, my coolant temp sensors failed and car ran hot with electric fans running after engine was off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts