Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what local sources you guys buy your parts from?
some items are reasonable from the dealer.
for my Porsches I usually buy from the US but if competitive I would like to support the local economy and it would be more convenient.
Presently I need front brake pads

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Posters: the OP is looking for CANADIAN parts sources. You are allowed to talk about which vendor or brand, but you are not to get into "my brand is better than yours" debates or discussions about brake products. Technical discussion belongs in the appropriate technical forum.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Bump for TurboDan. Maybe someone can help him out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Other than some used wheels that I bought on Kijiji.com, I have not bought anything else - besides the Touareg itself - in Canada.

The other items that I have bought for the Touareg were:

- tires (Nitro Terra Grapplers) and TPMS, plus a fifth wheel as a full sized spare. I figured the savings on these paid for the 3-day weekend meals and 2 hotel nights.
- a set of new windshield wiper blades, from a US VW dealer, but I was in the States anyway.

All of my initial add ons were installed by the dealer... Mine was delivered with snow tires on the OE 18" wheels, the cross bars, monster mats and fender flares.

I have a bit more than 50,000 km on it, and I can't think of anything else I need until the wear starts to be an issue for things like brakes. So far I've been going to my original dealer for my (three now) regular services, and so long as they don't screw up, I will likely keep using them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2011 Touareg . Passenger side rear hatch shock has rusted at hatch end. this is a power lift shock/
was quoted $625 for new one. any thoughts? old one keeps popping off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have ordered stuff from Rock Auto (US based but does conversion and customs) as well as autopartsway. GermanOEM is Canadian but I have had no experience with them.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've ordered lots of mechanical parts from germanoem.ca and have been happy with the selection and prices. It's nice not having to deal with cross-border shipping/duties for sure! They've had everything I've needed for my Touareg, Eos and Golf.

germanoem.ca also includes a pair of heavy duty nitrile gloves in every shipment, and I got some gummy treats last order as well.

I went with Zimmerman rotors and TRW pads all around. Excellent products.

·
Registered
143 Posts
https://roselandtech.ca

These guys are awesome, have the best prices I've found, and only sell decent parts, mostly made in Germany. No junk. Very knowledgeable. I bought all the parts I needed for my Jetta TDI over the last 7 years I've owned it, and I will buy Touareg parts as well. They can get mostly anything whether listed on their website, or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exoparts Inc. in Mississauga
Use them a lot for our Mercedes E320 and for the Touareg.
I email or call and the next day it's ready for pickup.
They haven't said we don't have it, yet. :)

I don't know if they ship

·
Registered
490 Posts
Rock auto for 98% of my automotive parts needs. Super cheap and fast shipping. I’ve yet to see a place that can beat their pricing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those of us on the west side, I have been using a dealer located in Richmond, BC. They have a good website and their service is excellent (I usually speak with Cory).

Their pricing beats any dealership in my area (Alberta).

Calibre

1 - 18 of 18 Posts