Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I have finally had it with peeling cruise control buttons and I once found a company that sold the assembly for $100 new and unpainted. I bought heater covers from them and window switches cheap and then lost their contacts.

Google is worthless because it pops up all these "rockauto" type sites I have to go through 20 pgs only to see they do not carry interior parts. I need other little things like the rear seat belt clip plastic. The drivers door handle plastic, the headrest seatbelt plastic in the rear seat. All little things that show my 04s age. All is is great but the plastic stuff was not well made including the dreaded peeling.

I tried the stick on covers and thought they looked cheap so thats out.

Any help appreciated. I have to do the drive shaft and am not going to sink money into it unless I can make it look nice also.

Thanks in advance - Cheers, Mike

· Registered
3,794 Posts
When I upgraded my car to Adaptive Cruise Control, I had to replace the left hand switch block. I still have the standard one Part Number 7L6 959 537 which you can have if it will suit and you are happy to pay the postage from Australia. I expect it would be about $10 - $15 USD, but that's only a guess at this stage. Buttons are perfect, no scratches or marks.
If you are interested,

Attachments

· Registered
3,794 Posts
Email sent, and item posted today.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Like many others I broke the plastic thingummy on the top of the back seat that the steel tongues of the back seat base slot into.

First tip - never drop the seat back onto the steel tongues - lower carefully!

Second tip - I bought the replacements from the dealer as they weren't expensive and my friendly parts nan posted them to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.