Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is it actually supposed to engage? There is a hill that I hit everyday on my way home from work. I know it's more than a 20% incline. If I let go of the brake and accelorator, she just speeds up. Any imput? Thanks.

· Registered
53 Posts
Hmm...

I think that it needs to be on Low Gear!
It's a Off-road feature so it may not "make" sense to be active on normal use....

Cheers

· Registered
50 Posts
The Hill Climb Assist (HCA) is only a low range gear feature and does not seem to be a shipping feature on US cars. The US website considers this feature a "delayed introduction" item. Can anyone verify whether this is on their US car?

My car's VIN ends in 40xxx which was manufactured in 11/2003. The window sticker that came on my car does not list it in the "Performance and Handling" section of the standard VW sticker. However, my window sticker mentions all the other three letter features: HBA, EDL, ABS, ESP, EBD, EBA and ASR. Unless your VIN is higher than mine, it is unlikely that your car has this feature (if you have a US vehicle).

· Registered
93 Posts
The Touareg videotape mentioned that the feature does exist (I dont know how reliable that info is), you have to be in 1st gear, in LOW and ESP must be engaged.

· Registered
93 Posts
Steve said:
Ilan, do you see HCA referenced on the window sticker that was on your car at the time of purchase? If not, you don't have it.
isn't HCA stands for Hill Climb Assist, while we are talking about hill descent assist ?

· Registered
50 Posts
isn't HCA stands for Hill Climb Assist, while we are talking about hill descent assist ?

My bad. I reread hjimzafVW's original post and I think you are right. hjimzafVW's use of "incline" instead of "decline" threw me off. According to the manual, HDA kicks in automatically in low range gear only on a decline pitch greater than 20%. Though the US VW site indicates that HDA is a standard feature, my window sticker doesn't list it. So either my rig has neither HDA or HCA, or the window sticker is incomplete.

· Registered
53 Posts
Hi,
I think that the Hill Assist (up or Down) it's standard on all T-Rex's!
Just find one Hill get in Low gear and tested!
If you find one with 35 degrees better!! (or 45 :clap: )
:drunk:
Cheers

· Registered
99 Posts
According to the Treg self study program the hill decline assistant intervenes; at speeds less than 20km/hr, on slopes greater than 20%, during forward or reverse driving and when ESP is active.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.