Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what you guys would suggest for an extra set of wheels for my 2011 Treg that I bought used. Bought new AS tires this last spring but have changed to the snow tires for the winter, had the dealer do the change-out. Not planning on doing anything drastic, just wheels to put the AS tires on when I get ready to change. Tire Rack, or other dealer?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
A VW dealer will be VERY expensive unless you find one selling off parts cheap.

·
Registered
996 Posts
x2 on used. You can score great deals on used. I recently picked up 4 16" VW wheels with Continental WinterExtreme tires with less than 5000 km on them for $600 for the wife's Eos. The tires alone are double that brand new. Not a scratch on the wheels!

If you're looking for alternate sizes, I use tirerack.com and Tire Size Calculator - Tire & Wheel Plus Sizing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires are 18" so I would assume the wheels are also. Where do you go to find used ones? I am a real neophyte at this as you can probably tell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
18s are fairly common, I think. I picked up a set locally on Craigslist. You could try ebay as well as the classifieds section of this forum. When looking for a good deal patience and good timing pays off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts