Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting my wheels fixed up and powder coated on my 2014 V6TDI. But I can't have my car up on blocks for a couple weeks... Ideally I'd like to see if someone out there has a spare set of wheels (with legal tyres) I could borrow while mine are being refurbished? I'll pay in beer currency of your choice.

I'm in Adelaide so someone here or nearby would be awesome!

Cheers, Aaron.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know a guy got his wheels powder-coated on a Mazda MPS3... he borrowed 4 x space savers and drove around on 4 x bright yellows skinnies... nutter. Sorry, I don't have any wheels, but had to share the story! :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
LOL!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm looking at getting my wheels fixed up and powder coated on my 2014 V6TDI. But I can't have my car up on blocks for a couple weeks... Ideally I'd like to see if someone out there has a spare set of wheels (with legal tyres) I could borrow while mine are being refurbished? I'll pay in beer currency of your choice.

I'm in Adelaide so someone here or nearby would be awesome!

Cheers, Aaron.
Wrong state else I could assist. About to swap to the winter wheels for snow use. Any activity on fleabay?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mornington Peninsula. Yes, I know there are other parts of Vic closer to SA, but be thankful I didn't say Mallacoota.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
G'day
I have a spare set at seven hills nsw but it might be a bit far...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Steve.
I've messaged her. They could be a good option for an off road set.

Anyone had issues with older model wheels on the newer Touaregs?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're mighty tempting.

If they were easy to freight (and cost effective to do so), I'd snap them up.

Anyone had experience sending wheels interstate?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've gone with the wheels pictured above.

A couple of the tyres are shagged though.

Anyone have a couple of 255/55/18's kicking around that they no longer need?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A quick heads up to anyone looking for a set of 18's, I'm on-selling these as I've done the trip I wanted to on them, and the 20's are in at the painters now and will be ready by the end of the week.

I've put 255/60R18 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on and I've done about 2500km on them. I'll sell them for $1400 complete. I've taken a hit on them, but that's the price to pay to get the solution I wanted.

Based in Adelaide.

I'll do a proper at with pics once it stops raining!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No worries MikeyS. I'm getting my 20's back from the painters tomorrow. So these will be off my car by the end of the weekend. Where about are you located?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts