Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going for these on the Reg, Is there an issue with 20X10 or should I go with the 20X9?

Plan on keeping my 17's for offloading...etc....

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
There is not a lot of room between the front upper arms and and the rim. Are you sure 10's will fit?

Stuart....

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
20x10 fits perfectly fine. 20x11 fits fine in the back as well.

I run 20x10 and have run 20x10 front/20x11 rear staggered setup in the past.

its not even close to rubbing....recall that the cayenne turbo with the same wheel wells fits 21 x 10

·
Registered
499 Posts
There's a guy on here running 20x10.5 et40 on his T3. I'm sure you have more room towards the outside of the truck.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I thought it would be fine just by looking at the room in there but I have not measured yet. 20X10 it is then.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You just need to ensure that the offset on the wheel is correct. If it's too high then the wheel will sit too far inward and the suspension could potentially cause interference. If the offset is too low it will sit too far outward.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right. I can customize the offset. I am not sure what Stock is but I will go a bit lower than stock. 40-47et seems about right for this size wheel.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Careful - he's got a T2 not a T3. I think the T2 wells are a little tighter than T3, especially on the TDI with the intercooler vents. If you get 20x10 and they are tight, spacers should solve the problem....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Very nice! If you're ordering from Velocitymotoring.com, they should be able to confirm fitment details. Pics when you mount them.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they cannot do the bolt pattern on these so I am looking for something else. Disappointed big time but they will fit my audi allroad in an 18 so thats a plus!

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Stock in 20X9 is et60. So I am thinking 20X10 et50.
ET50 works. Any wheel made for a Cayenne/Q7/Touareg will work. The are all unique in that they are the only wheels that have the bolt pattern (5x130) center bore (71.6mm) and load rating combo out there. Watch out for Porsche wheels that are made for Porsche cars...they fit, but don't have the load rating.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Careful - he's got a T2 not a T3. I think the T2 wells are a little tighter than T3, especially on the TDI with the intercooler vents. If you get 20x10 and they are tight, spacers should solve the problem....
There is no problem on any Touareg with 20x10. The intercooler vents are only a problem if you're trying to run larger than OEM diameter tires. The offload guys trying to put mud bogger tires on there encounter this problem.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Well they cannot do the bolt pattern on these so I am looking for something else. Disappointed big time but they will fit my audi allroad in an 18 so thats a plus!
Try Victor Equipment for wheels that fit well , at a price that won't break the bank.

if you're feeling rich go with HRE.

·
Registered
10 Posts
looking at the exact same set-up for next summer.

victor equipment (TSW) does them in Porsche application, so it should fit our Touareg without any problem.

Was thinking of going staggered, 20x9 or 10 in front and 20x11 in the back

·
Registered
17 Posts
looking at the exact same set-up for next summer.

victor equipment (TSW) does them in Porsche application, so it should fit our Touareg without any problem.

Was thinking of going staggered, 20x9 or 10 in front and 20x11 in the back
What about 20X11 295/40/20 ET55 for front & rear on the T1 V8

1 - 19 of 19 Posts