Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone know what the correct serial no for a 17"x 7.5 rim thats 5 stud & studs measure 130 ctr to ctr using the black measuring gauge the wheel shops/wreckers use ?

Got 4 with the no 7L6601025B that fit my 2014, (these are my 4wd wheels) but not sure if there are other 17's with a different serial no's that will also fit ?

Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
VW have made several different patterns of 17" 5x 130 to fit Touareg - the Tangis I bought for my winters are ET 55 - be aware that VW also made/make 17" rims for cars but not load-rated high enough for the Touareg.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks noobytoogy, so ive got this right, so long as i find a 5 stud, 130 ctr rim, it will fit ? (obviously as long as its still a 17"x 7.5 rim)

The serial no wld then become irrelevant, other than representing a different style of rim/size ?

Only hard thing is without one of those gauges no one knows what the studs measure

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only other thing to look at if getting non VW rims is the offset. Wheels are made in a variety of offsets to suit the particular application. I do not know the offset of the Touareg rims.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks noobytoogy, so ive got this right, so long as i find a 5 stud, 130 ctr rim, it will fit ? (obviously as long as its still a 17"x 7.5 rim)

The serial no wld then become irrelevant, other than representing a different style of rim/size ?

Only hard thing is without one of those gauges no one knows what the studs measure
After-market 17" rims MIGHT foul the calipers, the clearance on the VW ones is very tight and a more general design might not fit - so, if it's not on that list from Nooby have a trial fit before committing to purchase.

Also, an after-market rim may have a different centre bore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, found some rims that arent on the list, with serial no 7L6601025A, (original 17's) pitch is OK 5/130

Still have ET 55 which i believe relates to the bore size of 71.5mm ? Also have 7.5J X 17H2

Anyone know if these will fit, or have a list with these on it ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
OK, found some rims that arent on the list, with serial no 7L6601025A, (original 17's) pitch is OK 5/130

Still have ET 55 which i believe relates to the bore size of 71.5mm ? Also have 7.5J X 17H2

Anyone know if these will fit, or have a list with these on it ?
Google is your friend - using your part number this webpage comes up, referring to Touareg Spare Parts vw- parts directory

ET55 is the offset dimension (55mm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts