Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the old threads, have "dead" pics.

I am looking to add spacers to my 2014 T3 R Line, and not sure what size to get.
It has the stock 20" wheels, and I will be installing H&R springs in the very near future.

Please post pics of your T3 with spacers, showing how the wheels line up with the fender, and let us know what size spacers you are running.

TIA

·
Registered
304 Posts
There are ways to still see the old photobucket pictures. Google it. It requires a chrome browser add in.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I am looking to add spacers to my 2014 T3 R Line, and not sure what size to get.

It has the stock 20" wheels, and I will be installing H&R springs in the very near future.

Please post pics of your T3 with spacers, showing how the wheels line up with the fender, and let us know what size spacers you are running.

TIA

Stay away from HR lowering springs!!!! I just took them off my Touareg bc it was so BAD!!! Went back to stock. The treg bounced so bad on rough roads, the only people that could tolerate being in the back seat were my kids(7&10)... had them on for 7 months or so... btw I’ll sell them real cheap if you want them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.

Bought a new set. Put them in last weekend. So far I really like them.
The ride is very close to stock, but removed the "top heavy" feeling.

Also added 15mm spacers in the front, and 20mm in the rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Bought a new set. Put them in last weekend. So far I really like them.

The ride is very close to stock, but removed the "top heavy" feeling.

Also added 15mm spacers in the front, and 20mm in the rear.

At first I liked the feel, felt fine, the stance was perfect but after a month or so the ride was just horrible... hope you have better luck than I did.. can u post a pic of the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is your own choice. If your T3 is not lifted, 5mm spacer makes it looks comfortable, increase a little negative camber and help traction. 5mm spacer also let you use your stock lug.

Get a reputable brand like HR, given the truck is heavy. At least some reputable 6061 Alum on amazon that did not have extra holes.

TIA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is your own choice. If your T3 is not lifted, 5mm spacer makes it looks comfortable, increase a little negative camber and help traction. 5mm spacer also let you use your stock lug.

Get a reputable brand like HR, given the truck is heavy. At least some reputable 6061 Alum on amazon that did not have extra holes.

Thanks for the feedback. I went with quality, hubcentric spacers that are only 5x130.

I did 15mm front, and 20mm in the rear.

I want to go a little wider, so I just got 25mm that I am going to put in the rear, and move the 20mm to the front

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I went with quality, hubcentric spacers that are only 5x130.

I did 15mm front, and 20mm in the rear.

I want to go a little wider, so I just got 25mm that I am going to put in the rear, and move the 20mm to the front
That's an aggressive and good move on 19x8.5 wheels. You will gain a lot of traction at corners. Enjoy driving it almost like a sedan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to see 25mm spacer on rear with 20mm on front. I would guess there are new studs on the hubcentric spacer? Also, looking for update re: H&R springs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to see 25mm spacer on rear with 20mm on front. I would guess there are new studs on the hubcentric spacer? Also, looking for update re: H&R springs
I cant send PM's yet (need 15 posts)

I haven't taken any pics since the springs settled and switching the spacers around, but I am still loving the springs.
They are H&R Sport Springs - I don't think there are other options from H&R for the Touareg.

I moved the 20mm from the rear to the front, and got 25mm for the rear, and they line up the wheels with the fender nicely.

The spacers came from eBay. - these guys https://www.ebay.com/usr/dsx-customs

Good price, good quality and look nice (not that you can see them when they are installed...

I will work on getting some pics soon..

·
Registered
207 Posts
This thread has some great info. I’m looking at getting some wheels made in Cayenne Turbo specs(21x9.5 +46) but now I’m seeing that you can probably go wider and use a similar offset.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts