Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
What's wrong in Europe, seems like nobody enjoys the forum...last entry 4 weeks ago...

Cheers
Ole

·
Registered
92 Posts
Being summer time in the northern hemisphere, I suggest that they are all too busy 'out & about' enjoying themselves, the weather and their 'wheels'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...that must be the case...I forgot, already adopted completely to the Australian seasons...
I wish you all lots of fun and a great summer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh I am enjoying it. Searching and searching to get my new Touareg loaded with handsfree. Well, havent found much, but havent read the whole forum yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
europe dilemma

yeh, funny how the reg comes from europe but no one there is bothered with the forum, makes it very hard for me to develop networks with other reg owners, or, with that attitude, do i want to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeh, funny how the reg comes from europe but no one there is bothered with the forum, makes it very hard for me to develop networks with other reg owners, or, with that attitude, do i want to?
I can give you a few reasons...

1. We're speaking quite a lot of different languages on this continent... and surely, not everyone is understanding English very well, not to mention writing...

2. There are quite a few Volkswagen forums in the Netherlands, Germany,.. in the native language.

3. The VAG SUV's Touareg/Tiguan/Q5/Q7 are quite standard vehicles in countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and France. You're surely not the only one or very exceptional driving a Touareg over here. It's less of a 'cult', I suppose. And most of all, Volkswagen/Audi as such is one of the most sold brands.

4. A lot of what we see in US (and Australia) is deviating from what we see and find over here. Almost everyone drives f.i. diesels and big ci displacement / V8's / V10's are something almost unaffordable by most tax systems (and the prices of petrol at the station). Quite a lot of Touregs are delivered with 'nothing more' than the 2.5 TDI in Europe.

5. We cannot do a lot with info on US and AUS shop references. Even more, the shops of spare parts and car equipment are very particular, even on a country scale.

6. A lot of people do not use an SUV in Europe for real off-road purposes. It's more for overall safety, bad weather and snow conditions, and (most of all...?) for the looks. Driving in plain nature with such a car is prohibited in a lot of places.

This doesn't make this excellent forum uninteresting for us... it surely is, and I personaly like very much to look at it every day, but I understand the difficulties.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Chatnoir,

'Well said' black cat!!

I was just about to reply in very much the same way!!

Here in the UK we have also got some very active VW forums but this site is still a very useful resource indeed and, like you, I also visit every day to improve my knowledge.

Cheers,
John.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I certainly hope that we'll soon have more in common regarding the engine options. I'd like to try a diesel in my next Touareg to take advantage of the fuel economy and still have usable torque.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're both absolutely right... especially about the safety aspect and if you can afford the reg, you shouldn't even be thinking of fuel price or surcharges. For me it's simple, 2 hyperactive young kids, a rottweiler, a demanding wife who likes to bring the kitchen sink everywhere ... requires a vehicle that can provide safety, speed and handle the bumps and bruises without looking too shabby.. + 4wd outshines AWD. This one I shipped in from the US on tax exemption as household goods. Will be looking at alternative fuels soon. have seen some awesome LPG & CNG instalations in UK and Germany and will be moving to Sweden next year where gas is slightly more expensive. That's also when I need to retro mount a full size spare. Have a great day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts