Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 V6 3.0 TDI. I happended to know that touareg has a sport suspension option. Here, dealers do not provide sport suspension, so I don't know what's the difference.

As for parts number, it is clear that the sport suspension and normal one are different. But I am not sure the springs are different.

Sprot shocks 7p6413032AQ 7p6413031AQ
Normal shocks 7p6413032AK 7p6413031AK

But there are so many springs..

Soprt suspension has lowering the overall height?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have had all three, the air, the normal, and the sport. The sport comes on the R-Line trim line which was available in the U.S. for maybe one year (2014), not sure on that...

The sport might be slightly stiffer, hard to tell because the R-Line has 20 inch wheels compared the to 18s on my 2012. It definitely does sit about 1-2 inches lower. A 2014/2015 happened to park next to me the other day and it was quite obvious that my R-Line was a bit closer to the ground.

Overall ride quality though, it would be hard to tell the difference unless you took it to a track and threw it through the curves. As a daily driver, it might feel a bit harsher on bumps with the sport suspension but the 20 inch wheels probably add to the harshness.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had all three, the air, the normal, and the sport. The sport comes on the R-Line trim line which was available in the U.S. for maybe one year (2014), not sure on that...

The sport might be slightly stiffer, hard to tell because the R-Line has 20 inch wheels compared the to 18s on my 2012. It definitely does sit about 1-2 inches lower. A 2014/2015 happened to park next to me the other day and it was quite obvious that my R-Line was a bit closer to the ground.

Overall ride quality though, it would be hard to tell the difference unless you took it to a track and threw it through the curves. As a daily driver, it might feel a bit harsher on bumps with the sport suspension but the 20 inch wheels probably add to the harshness.
Thanks a lot. Since the two suspension parts numbers are almost same, I think there isn't much difference. I guess only the springs are different to lower the overall heightt.:):)

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
930 Posts
Thanks a lot. Since the two suspension parts numbers are almost same, I think there isn't much difference. I guess only the springs are different to lower the overall heightt.:):)
More likely, different springs anti-roll bar (anti-sway bar) and dampers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts