Club Touareg Forum banner

What wires am I missing for backup cam retrofit?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  m.r.davies 
#1 ·
I bought, what I thought was everything that I needed to install a back up cam into my 04. All the parts came from an 07 being parted out. I figured everything would be plug and play and I'd be good to go. Well I have connectors left over that don't have homes. Can anyone tell me what wires I need to finish the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Do the '04 and the '07 even have the same computer system so that, even if you COULD match up all the plugs, the system can be turned on by the computer?
The reason I asked is that I know the RossTech VagCom HexCan cable DOES work with my '04. I am not at all sure that same cable will work on the '07.

#3 ·
That's an excellent question. If I had all the wires I'd be able to tell you [emoji23]. Really I'm just winging this and hoping for the best. I thought the radio controlled the camera. You just have to be able to tell it to turn on in reverse. Idc if I have to tell it to tune on manually. I only want it for hooking up trailers.

The ecus on this Treg have been replaced. May or may not make a difference.

#4 ·
#7 ·
This is the 2006 Reversing Camera Circuit Diagram, which was, I believe, the first time it was offered.

I still think you are doing it the hard way...

Stuart...

Attachments

#8 ·
This is the 2006 Reversing Camera Circuit Diagram, which was, I believe, the first time it was offered.

I still think you are doing it the hard way...

Stuart...

Awesome I'll take a look at it. I probably am. But a good challenge never hurt anyone. If I can get it to work off the stock harness with only a small amount of difficulty I can pass the knowledge off to others. If not.m, I can buy the retrofit harness and call it a day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.