Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought, what I thought was everything that I needed to install a back up cam into my 04. All the parts came from an 07 being parted out. I figured everything would be plug and play and I'd be good to go. Well I have connectors left over that don't have homes. Can anyone tell me what wires I need to finish the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,569 Posts
Do the '04 and the '07 even have the same computer system so that, even if you COULD match up all the plugs, the system can be turned on by the computer?
The reason I asked is that I know the RossTech VagCom HexCan cable DOES work with my '04. I am not at all sure that same cable will work on the '07.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the '04 and the '07 even have the same computer system so that, even if you COULD match up all the plugs, the system can be turned on by the computer?
The reason I asked is that I know the RossTech VagCom HexCan cable DOES work with my '04. I am not at all sure that same cable will work on the '07.

That's an excellent question. If I had all the wires I'd be able to tell you . Really I'm just winging this and hoping for the best. I thought the radio controlled the camera. You just have to be able to tell it to turn on in reverse. Idc if I have to tell it to tune on manually. I only want it for hooking up trailers.

The ecus on this Treg have been replaced. May or may not make a difference.

· Registered
3,794 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't waste your time trying to reuse the OEM cable. It is a recipe for pain and suffering. Best solution is to buy a Retrofit Harness from Kufatec in Gremany. This will provide you with a plug and play install.

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/touareg/touareg-7l/rear-view-camera-harness-vw-touareg-7l

Kind Regards
Stuart....

Interesting. Guess I don't understand the difference though or why the oem harness would be such a hassle vs spending another $100 on a wire

· Registered
3,794 Posts
This is the 2006 Reversing Camera Circuit Diagram, which was, I believe, the first time it was offered.

I still think you are doing it the hard way...

Stuart...

Attachments

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the 2006 Reversing Camera Circuit Diagram, which was, I believe, the first time it was offered.

I still think you are doing it the hard way...

Stuart...

Awesome I'll take a look at it. I probably am. But a good challenge never hurt anyone. If I can get it to work off the stock harness with only a small amount of difficulty I can pass the knowledge off to others. If not.m, I can buy the retrofit harness and call it a day!

· Registered
47 Posts
Awesome I'll take a look at it. I probably am. But a good challenge never hurt anyone. If I can get it to work off the stock harness with only a small amount of difficulty I can pass the knowledge off to others. If not.m, I can buy the retrofit harness and call it a day!

About to try this myself
How did it go?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.