Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ayers Rock. I use mine for dedicated winter tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ayers Rock. I use mine for dedicated winter tires.
If you decide you don't need them anymore give me a yell. Trying to kneel cleaning my current wheels kills my knees so have been changing all my vehicles to 5-spoke style to make cleaning easier and quicker. Still a car guy but age catching up with me. :frown2:

·
Registered
996 Posts
I hear ya, my summer wheels are a pain to clean.

I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon as we get winter for more than half the year.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you decide you don't need them anymore give me a yell. Trying to kneel cleaning my current wheels kills my knees so have been changing all my vehicles to 5-spoke style to make cleaning easier and quicker. Still a car guy but age catching up with me.
I recognise that problem - I have a spare plastic step I stand on to clean the roof and then sit on to do each wheel - I also pay a man to do a full external valet every 6-7 weeks as well as get my local independent workshop to swap winter/summer tyres twice a year for me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you decide you don't need them anymore give me a yell. Trying to kneel cleaning my current wheels kills my knees so have been changing all my vehicles to 5-spoke style to make cleaning easier and quicker. Still a car guy but age catching up with me. :frown2:
I've switched all my winter wheels to simple, 5-spoke designs for the same reason. I wanted 19's, so I went with Avignons. No regrets.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the VW rock ayers wheels for winter wheels and I purchased them from an online VW parts site and I paid around $520.00 a wheel with shipping.. I now see a company (WSP) in Italy who makes these wheels for VW selling them on US Ebay for a lot less than what I paid through VW. If you look at the WSP website, you will see the model # for these wheels is the OEM VW # for VW Rock Ayers wheels. It looks like they also make other wheels for VW.

The only difference is they come with WSP wheel caps from the company that makse them and you have to purchase the wheels caps directly from VW if you want VW wheel caps.

This is the link to the Ebay Ad. One more thing. Since the company that make them ships them from Italy, you will probably need to pay some tariff fees and I have no idea how much they are and someone else may know the answer.

ALLOY WHEEL WSP W451 VW DHAKA 9.0X20.0 5X130 SILVER FC3 | eBay

·
Registered
663 Posts
You should get one of those brush on a stick things with a soap dispenser.

Spray the wheels with something like PB Blaster, it'll make them easier to clean.

Usually I'd recommend Inox but I doubt you'd be able to get it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the VW rock ayers wheels for winter wheels and I purchased them from an online VW parts site and I paid around $520.00 a wheel with shipping.. I now see a company (WSP) in Italy who makes these wheels for VW selling them on US Ebay for a lot less than what I paid through VW. If you look at the WSP website, you will see the model # for these wheels is the OEM VW # for VW Rock Ayers wheels. It looks like they also make other wheels for VW.

The only difference is they come with WSP wheel caps from the company that makse them and you have to purchase the wheels caps directly from VW if you want VW wheel caps.

This is the link to the Ebay Ad. One more thing. Since the company that make them ships them from Italy, you will probably need to pay some tariff fees and I have no idea how much they are and someone else may know the answer.

ALLOY WHEEL WSP W451 VW DHAKA 9.0X20.0 5X130 SILVER FC3 | eBay
Thanks for the tip! Probably not a bad deal considering shipping is included.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts