Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Do it! I’m sure it’ll wake it up sound wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought about it since I got it. I agree it'll wake it up. Here is a video I saw on youtube of an 08 Vr6 muffler delete. It sounds really good, assuming everything is stock in the engine and exhaust system and no mods

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Speaking of T2 V8, I picked up this 08 Touareg V8 with 90K miles with Air Suspension, 4 Zone climate control, push button Start, back Up camera, front/rear parking sensors etc.....and the best part... for $3500. Drove it 19hrs home.
This is my first T2 with a V8. I'm impressed by the V8 FSI, a bit more responsive than my 05 V8.
Yes the car was in a small collision, but it still has clean title. As soon I as got home, I took off the bumper to check if anything else was damaged. Nothing else was damaged or need replacement, except the headlight mounting bracket
I got a new bumper that I'm going to paint myself. Can't got to a body shop, too expensive. And Also, new headlight mounting bracket.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Rippin deal. Did you get a chance to scan it. Oil leaks? Common spots are oil filter housing gasket, if this leaks de-carb while you are in there. Oil cooler 0rings, not so easy, engine out of at least lifted up off motor mounts to acess. Intake and exhaust camshaft solenoid adjusters, easy fix, right on top, O-rings fail and valve cover gaskets which aren't too difficult. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Rippin deal. Did you get a chance to scan it. Oil leaks? Common spots are oil filter housing gasket, if this leaks de-carb while you are in there. Oil cooler 0rings, not so easy, engine out of at least lifted up off motor mounts to access. Intake and exhaust camshaft solenoid adjusters, easy fix, right on top, O-rings fail and valve cover gaskets which aren't too difficult. Enjoy the new ride.
I have not scanned it yet. No there is no leak of any kind anywhere. I will take the car to my mechanic to check it and also everything you mentioned. But it runs great. There is no funny noise or anything weird from the engine or anywhere else.
Oh I didn't mention. There is a leak in the passenger side flex pipe, BINGO. I'm not looking at buying the whole part. I'm looking at getting a shop to cut off the flex pipe and weld in a new one, maybe universal one.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sounds like a good plan! I have repair manual and try to do my own wrenching on both of our FSI's, give me a shout if you have questions and I'll try to come up with the answer. Take care and enjoy

Reactions: Micheld7
41 - 49 of 49 Posts