Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some winter wheels and tires for my 2010 Touareg. I have 19" Terra wheels and Continental DWS06 setup for other seasons which I run PSI according to the door jam sticker. However, I am not sure how to inflate my new setup...

My new wheels are 17" and the tires are Pirelli Scorpion 235 65R 17 108H M+S. What PSI should I run front and rear? They do not have TPMS sensors so I will use manual gauge.

Thank you!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I always run my winters about 3-5 psi lower than what is called for on the door jam. If the snow is really deep, or for offroading, go down even further but remember to bring them back up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always run my winters about 3-5 psi lower than what is called for on the door jam. If the snow is really deep, or for offroading, go down even further but remember to bring them back up.
Thanks. But wont the recommended PSI in the door jam no longer be applicable since the wheels are different? I went from 19" wheels to 17" wheels, thus going from low volume/low profile tires to large volume and large profile tires. This is just my assumption, without any real knowledge of the matter.

·
Registered
996 Posts
You're going to have to do some experimenting to find the best pressure for your ride. I run mine lower because the roads are much more rough here in the winter. Also, lower PSI means more contact patch on the road for better winter handling.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
36F/38R but I ran with 36 psi all round.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Our 11 VR6 has 17" winter rims with Nokian 235/65/17 snows, I run 36psi front and 39psi rear.

That is psi I ran for previous set of snows on these rims and they wore evenly across the tread which meant they were not over or under inflated.

For me I prefer a little more psi in the tires for better handling.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I am going to go 36 front and 38 rear and see how that goes. The door jam lists 39 front and 46 rear for the 19" wheels I normally have on there. The lower PSI recommended is what I anticipated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts