Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2012 TDI T-reg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove my new to me low-mile 2012 TDI home last night and today I Malone St.2 tuned and detailed the car. A guy at the parts store told me my wheels are something special. I searched google images both in NA and VPN'd to Germany and cannot find these. They have no branding on the backside when checked with a mirror. All I could find was some cheapo Chinese knockoffs of this wheel but they don't say what they are knocking off? Tires are 285/35R22. Car drives like new even on lowering springs.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
142 Posts
In4updates. Love these. On the lookout for my options on a clean 5-spoke that’s 5x130

·
Registered
315 Posts
stunning looking ride, congratulation on the purchase.
no ideas for the wheel, but they are definitely not OEM

·
Registered
2012 TDI T-reg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just removed one and you are correct, not OEM. They are quality though, they use a ball seat lug bolt which is rare for aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im not a huge fan of large diameter rims on T3 Touareg but that actually looks really sharp. Looks fantastic after that detail!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have the answer for you, I knew I've seen this style wheel before years ago when I had my Cayenne and was looking for rims.

He's right they are special. There's two rims that are almost identical They're either Mansory C.5 rims or Rinspeed ( a Swiss company) More likey they are Rinspeed.

Pictured below is Mansory

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Now Here is Rinspeed
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
2012 TDI T-reg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The final picture is exactly the same rims. Weird that they didn't cast their brand name into the backs.

·
Registered
2012 TDI T-reg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
your chiropractor and dentist must love you!
I've spent a lifetime driving bagged B4 wagons and Mk3's on coilovers or bags so my body is well adapted to rough riding. The Touareg rides like nothing I've owned. I did have a Taurus rental car once that rode about like the Touareg. ****, I just drove a slammed 04 Beetle from Ottawa to Oregon last month. Rough.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Im not a huge fan of large diameter rims on T3 Touareg but that actually looks really sharp. Looks fantastic after that detail!
same here. Typically I find that 20s are the best proportion for the vehicle size, but it doesn't look weird on theses picture. I bet the drop helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
In white too? I thought they only came in black. Such an under rated rare truck. It was the Hell Cat of its day.

·
Registered
2012 TDI T-reg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's my wife's Typhoon (even though I do all the maintenance and keep it clean and safe...). The Syclone was the one that came in black only. Typhoons had teal, red, black, white, and some other ones I can't remember. You could get different cladding color on the 92's.

I posted these pictures on the classifieds "wanted to buy OEM wheels" but they definitely need to go on this thread.

I really hope the original owner pops up somewhere and can tell a story about this thing. I bought it from a scumbag dealer and of course they're ignorant of anything cool. Also it's missing a key so I hope the old owner can give it to me and save me a trip to the stealership for another.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts