Club Touareg Forum banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Crimea is part of Ukraine not Russia . . . ;-)

·
Registered
33 Posts
1976 Datsun 260Z 2+2
1974 Datsun 260Z
1978 Datsun 120y Coupe
1983 Nissan Cedric 300c
The towrag
the Passat
Boat
Caravan

and more parts for each car than you can poke a stick at....

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe, wheels, suspension, JB4 chip
2015 Touareg V6 Executive loaded but otherwise stock
1976 BMW 2002 with a M42 swap and 5 speed, suspension, Recaros, way too much to list
1973 BMW 2002 Euro project

2018 Infiniti Q60, the wife's bone stock daily

Wife says I need help......

·
Registered
248 Posts
I never thought I would ever write a post in this thread. Moreover, I never thought I would ever owned a brand new car. This is the first one in my life. Call me crazy, but I did it. It was a forced decision, unplanned. My wife considered cheaper KIA Ceed, but I insisted on Golf. Because it is a legendary VW model. The car is 100% ours, no loans, whatever. Again, purchased the car in Crimea. The only place in Russia where we found an offer and got a discount. Meet my new beauty. Another Volkswagen in our family. 2018 Golf 1.4 TSI Comfortline in Atlantic Blue Metallic: 7 speed DSG, 16” Toronto rims, front and rear LED lights, turn assist fog lights, heated steering wheel, mirrors, washers and front seats, auto dimming mirror, 2 zones Climatronic, EPB, TPMS, Composition Media Radio +8 speakers, rear view camera, etc. No space inside garage for Golf though, just parkplatz in front, as I had no plans to own two cars. My wife calls it "a toy", comparing with big brother Touareg. She is in love with it :- )

I love the current Golf. My intent was to purchase one in 2016, but they stopped selling the TDIs version in the United States; I bought the Touareg instead. Volkswagen is now selling the 2015 models again. I am planning to sell m 2004 Jetta(Bora) wagon in the next couple years. The vehicles are not typically cross-shopped, but I am truly undecided between a 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI and a Mercedes E63S wagon.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I love the current Golf. My intent was to purchase one in 2016, but they stopped selling the TDIs version in the United States; I bought the Touareg instead. Volkswagen is now selling the 2015 models again. I am planning to sell m 2004 Jetta(Bora) wagon in the next couple years. The vehicles are not typically cross-shopped, but I am truly undecided between a 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI and a Mercedes E63S wagon.
May be worth to wait for next generation? They promised it for next year. Same story in Russia re Golf. It is the most popular car in Europe. But here, it is not the case. In 2013 more than 10000 Golfs were sold in Russia, however in 2019 sales slumped to 398 cars! and VW suspended sales in 2016 for few years. Then, after numerous petitions of fans they decided to make a "gift". And to my mind it was a real gift, I will explain why. The window for orders was open from 1 Sep 2018 till 31 Dec 2018. So, there are no officially imported Golfs younger then 2018. They are selling now the leftovers only. No plans for next 8th generation. Around 1000 cars were ordered. Fixed packs/versions (Trendline, Comfortline, R line and Highline). 512 of them were sold in 2018. So, it is exclusive here like a vintage car. I paid around 22,682 USD. Now, compare with the price in Germany. I played with configurator on Germans VW site and recreated almost identical car. Whopping 32,515 Euros!!! See the sheet attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
1998 2.8L BMW Z3
1972 VH Valiant Charger 770 ( 360 V8 )

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You better mind your own territories like Scotland :) Gibraltar is Spanish.
You'll be telling me next The Falkland Islands are Argentinian!

LOL!!

261 - 270 of 270 Posts