Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I love the shelby...

There's nothing else in my garage right now cept for the T-Reg...

Previously it was occupied by a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

Still have the truck but it now lives in the bay area with my parents as their Boat Tower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My sig tells it all.....

But,

I recently purchased the Shadow Blue/Grey V8 Touareg to be my daily driver/tow vehicle for the M3. I kept it pretty stripped because it came standard with everything I wanted... So I only got the 19"s, BiXenons and stereo upgrade.

My M3 a 2001 6 speed silver/black M3 with SSR comp wheels (255 up front and 275s out back) with an Active Autowerke's exhaust, Pole Position S03's, a custom stoneguard clear bra, hardwired V1 and a bunch of interior mods. (No, no stereo mods... just the stock HK system thanks)

Anyway, I like to track the car and try to hit all of the Driver's Edge events in and around Dallas ( Motorsports Ranch, Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and this year I'd like to visit Hallett in Oklahoma).

But, I would REALLY REALLY like a 1965 427 Cobra kit car!!!

Sean

·
Registered
866 Posts
Geez guys, your gonna' scare everyone away from posting with those nice toys in the garage! :twisted:

I just have my V6 Touareg, an '02 Passat wagon, and an '03 Beetle. (Okay, my daughters Beetle stays in the driveway - I only have a 2 car garage.) :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
MY VEHICLE LIST

2004 Touareg
1996 Honda Passport (a.k.a. Isuzu Rodeo)
1988 Honda Accord LXI

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nothing fits in my garage as long as I am still making finish trim for the inside of the house! :roll:

But soon the Touareg will fit in. My other rig is a 99 4x4 Dakota club cab. Headman headers, 3" exhaust, Mopar chip. K&N Ram intake to name a few.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
2004 Touareg V6
2002 Jetta TDI
1977 VW Bus Camper (which we use every summer for mountain camping and VW Shows)

I have pics of the Bus and Touareg side my side in the link in my signature.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the first five are cars of the company i own.

do the us dealers have drive sessions of road? and offer they the touareg experience too?

·
Registered
113 Posts
2004 V6 Reed Green/ Anthracite W/ Air Susp.
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser W/ Hi Performance engine, heavy duty 4" lift
1973 Toyota Land Cruser - An experiment in rust culture!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't race, at least not yet. I've been doing track days for tha last 2 years on the Honda. I AM very hooked (that is me in my avatar, on the Superhawk), but I really don't have time for racing.

My skills have come a long way in 2 years, but to go to the next level would probably require being at the track most weekends, which I just can't do right now. I've been lusting after a new Ducati or maybe even an MV Agusta, so who knows? Of course, The treg set me back a few $$, so the Italian machinery will have to wait...

·
Registered
708 Posts
bradness said:
I don't race, at least not yet. I've been doing track days for tha last 2 years on the Honda. I AM very hooked (that is me in my avatar, on the Superhawk), but I really don't have time for racing.

My skills have come a long way in 2 years, but to go to the next level would probably require being at the track most weekends, which I just can't do right now. I've been lusting after a new Ducati or maybe even an MV Agusta, so who knows? Of course, The treg set me back a few $$, so the Italian machinery will have to wait...
How long have you been riding overall?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mike,

I've been riding for the last 4 years. I had a Honda CB350 in college 20 years ago (1984), but sold it when I graduated. I started up again in 1989. I like to tell people that when I got married, my wife said 'If you ever get a motorcycle, we're getting a divorce'. So when we decided to get a divorce, a bought a motorcycle. :)

I'm really hooked. I do a week long trip every summer, usually around 3K miles. This past summer, I rode my K across the US and back through Canada over 3 weeks (10,000 miles). Spectacular!!

I added a few touristy pics below from the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Other vehicles

2001 VW Passat 1.8T
2003 BMW R1150RT (motocycle)
1973 BMW R75/5 (motorcycle)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Out of garage space...

Our new Touareg (V8, Off-Road Grey/ Grey, Bi-Xenon, 19's and Sound 1) shares space with a '01 Yukon XL (3/4 Ton, 8.0L and STL Trim), a '01 Audi 1.8T (Loaded plus a hot-rodded motor, its a great comuter/sleeper) and my prized vintage '74 911 RSR racecar (way too much to list).

The T-Reg (is that the lingo?) is my wifes new daily driver. She wanted something to haul her 2 rotwiellers, but not the Audi Avant I suggested. She was right, this this rocks! I loved my GTI's of the '80s, but this is way better.

This thing handles very well, but it is still a tall vehcle. A cross-over, rather than a SUV. It has space and speed. Mine will see very little, if any at all, off-road use. It's the new Road Trip car. It turns lots of heads, Escalade owners in particular.

I've seen people say they will use their T-Reg to tow stuff. BE CAREFUL! The T-Reg is a short wheelbase vehicle. Stability will be an isssue, not power. Also check the hitch rating. I would not pull anything big with this, maybe jet skis or a small boat. Keep the weight down. Don't get sucked in by the numbers. This CGVW or Combine Gross Vehicle Weight you need to worry about. I have tens of thousands of mile towing race trailers across the country. Bigger is better, and even my 3/4 Yukon XL is not big enough. A new GMC Duramax Diesel Dually Crew Cab is in my future. Of course that won't fit in the garage, whcih will open up a bay for a new toy....hmmm.... maybe a new Lotus Elise.

Just my 2-cents.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts