Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I love the shelby...

There's nothing else in my garage right now cept for the T-Reg...

Previously it was occupied by a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

Still have the truck but it now lives in the bay area with my parents as their Boat Tower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My sig tells it all.....

But,

I recently purchased the Shadow Blue/Grey V8 Touareg to be my daily driver/tow vehicle for the M3. I kept it pretty stripped because it came standard with everything I wanted... So I only got the 19"s, BiXenons and stereo upgrade.

My M3 a 2001 6 speed silver/black M3 with SSR comp wheels (255 up front and 275s out back) with an Active Autowerke's exhaust, Pole Position S03's, a custom stoneguard clear bra, hardwired V1 and a bunch of interior mods. (No, no stereo mods... just the stock HK system thanks)

Anyway, I like to track the car and try to hit all of the Driver's Edge events in and around Dallas ( Motorsports Ranch, Texas Motor Speedway, Texas World Speedway and this year I'd like to visit Hallett in Oklahoma).

But, I would REALLY REALLY like a 1965 427 Cobra kit car!!!

Sean

·
Registered
866 Posts
Geez guys, your gonna' scare everyone away from posting with those nice toys in the garage! :twisted:

I just have my V6 Touareg, an '02 Passat wagon, and an '03 Beetle. (Okay, my daughters Beetle stays in the driveway - I only have a 2 car garage.) :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
MY VEHICLE LIST

2004 Touareg
1996 Honda Passport (a.k.a. Isuzu Rodeo)
1988 Honda Accord LXI

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nothing fits in my garage as long as I am still making finish trim for the inside of the house! :roll:

But soon the Touareg will fit in. My other rig is a 99 4x4 Dakota club cab. Headman headers, 3" exhaust, Mopar chip. K&N Ram intake to name a few.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
2004 Touareg V6
2002 Jetta TDI
1977 VW Bus Camper (which we use every summer for mountain camping and VW Shows)

I have pics of the Bus and Touareg side my side in the link in my signature.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the first five are cars of the company i own.

do the us dealers have drive sessions of road? and offer they the touareg experience too?

·
Registered
113 Posts
2004 V6 Reed Green/ Anthracite W/ Air Susp.
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser W/ Hi Performance engine, heavy duty 4" lift
1973 Toyota Land Cruser - An experiment in rust culture!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't race, at least not yet. I've been doing track days for tha last 2 years on the Honda. I AM very hooked (that is me in my avatar, on the Superhawk), but I really don't have time for racing.

My skills have come a long way in 2 years, but to go to the next level would probably require being at the track most weekends, which I just can't do right now. I've been lusting after a new Ducati or maybe even an MV Agusta, so who knows? Of course, The treg set me back a few $$, so the Italian machinery will have to wait...

·
Registered
708 Posts
bradness said:
I don't race, at least not yet. I've been doing track days for tha last 2 years on the Honda. I AM very hooked (that is me in my avatar, on the Superhawk), but I really don't have time for racing.

My skills have come a long way in 2 years, but to go to the next level would probably require being at the track most weekends, which I just can't do right now. I've been lusting after a new Ducati or maybe even an MV Agusta, so who knows? Of course, The treg set me back a few $$, so the Italian machinery will have to wait...
How long have you been riding overall?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mike,

I've been riding for the last 4 years. I had a Honda CB350 in college 20 years ago (1984), but sold it when I graduated. I started up again in 1989. I like to tell people that when I got married, my wife said 'If you ever get a motorcycle, we're getting a divorce'. So when we decided to get a divorce, a bought a motorcycle. :)

I'm really hooked. I do a week long trip every summer, usually around 3K miles. This past summer, I rode my K across the US and back through Canada over 3 weeks (10,000 miles). Spectacular!!

I added a few touristy pics below from the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Other vehicles

2001 VW Passat 1.8T
2003 BMW R1150RT (motocycle)
1973 BMW R75/5 (motorcycle)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Out of garage space...

Our new Touareg (V8, Off-Road Grey/ Grey, Bi-Xenon, 19's and Sound 1) shares space with a '01 Yukon XL (3/4 Ton, 8.0L and STL Trim), a '01 Audi 1.8T (Loaded plus a hot-rodded motor, its a great comuter/sleeper) and my prized vintage '74 911 RSR racecar (way too much to list).

The T-Reg (is that the lingo?) is my wifes new daily driver. She wanted something to haul her 2 rotwiellers, but not the Audi Avant I suggested. She was right, this this rocks! I loved my GTI's of the '80s, but this is way better.

This thing handles very well, but it is still a tall vehcle. A cross-over, rather than a SUV. It has space and speed. Mine will see very little, if any at all, off-road use. It's the new Road Trip car. It turns lots of heads, Escalade owners in particular.

I've seen people say they will use their T-Reg to tow stuff. BE CAREFUL! The T-Reg is a short wheelbase vehicle. Stability will be an isssue, not power. Also check the hitch rating. I would not pull anything big with this, maybe jet skis or a small boat. Keep the weight down. Don't get sucked in by the numbers. This CGVW or Combine Gross Vehicle Weight you need to worry about. I have tens of thousands of mile towing race trailers across the country. Bigger is better, and even my 3/4 Yukon XL is not big enough. A new GMC Duramax Diesel Dually Crew Cab is in my future. Of course that won't fit in the garage, whcih will open up a bay for a new toy....hmmm.... maybe a new Lotus Elise.

Just my 2-cents.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
About this Discussion
268 Replies
188 Participants
Njord
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing